St John's Church of England Voluntary Aided First School, Frome, Frome, Somerset
|Job role||Teacher, Leadership|
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Leadership Scale 2 - 7|
The Headteacher and Governors of St John’s First School wish to appoint a highly motivated Deputy Headteacher with exceptional leadership skills. We seek applicants who will work creatively and effectively to continue to build upon the many strengths of our school. We would love to hear from dedicated and inspirational candidates, who are passionate about leading and transforming provision and teaching and have a proven track record in motivating, inspiring and supporting children and colleagues alike. The role will include some teaching responsibility.
We are looking for a Deputy Headteacher who:
• Enjoys leading, supporting, challenging and inspiring and empowering others in search of excellence
• Has proven experience of leading and managing areas of school improvement and change
• Is creative, innovative and forward thinking
• Is positive and enthusiastic in their approach
• Is committed to ensuring children’s outcomes are the very best they can possibly be
• Is an excellent classroom practitioner with high expectations
• Has a keen understanding of what constitutes excellent learning and teaching
• Fully understands their role in making a positive difference to the lives of children and families
• Is an excellent communicator who relates well to others
• Can support and develop the Christian ethos of the school
• Ideally has experience in a number of different school settings
Applying for the job
Please complete the provided application form and submit it by email to email@example.com . We are sorry but we do not accept CVs.More on how to apply
|School type||LA Maintained School, Church of England|
|School size||289 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||5 to 9|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||St John's Church of England Voluntary Aided First School, Frome website (opens in a new window)|
About St John's Church of England Voluntary Aided First School, Frome
We are a Church of England first school for 300 children aged 4 to 9 years in the heart of the busy market town of Frome.
Although our school day is extremely busy, there is always a sense of calm and purpose. We all strive to do our very best in everything we do. We value excellent character (being respectful, friendly and honest) every bit as much as our academic effort (hard work, progress and attainment). Equally important for all of us is a sense of enjoyment; we believe school should be fun!
In September 2012 Ofsted described us as 'a good school', 'a vibrant and a happy place to learn, where individuals are valued and enabled to develop a sense of wonder and curiosity.' In October 2017 Ofsted found that the school 'continues to be good' and that 'Leaders and governors are fully committed to implementing the necessary changes to ensure that the school goes from strength to strength'.
For more information about us, please visit our website, www.stjohnsfrome.co.uk .
Arranging a visit to St John's Church of England Voluntary Aided First School, Frome
Please contact the school office on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01373 462251. For enquiries during the summer holiday, please contact us by email.
Christchurch Street East, Frome, Somerset, BA11 1QG