Leadership Pay Spine L20 - L24
The Board of Directors of St Teresa of Calcutta Catholic Academy Trust is seeking to appoint a Deputy Headteacher, who will play a key strategic role in continuing to improve outcomes and life chances for the young people it serves.
The successful applicant will be offered the opportunity to:
• join the shared vision for the school in the pursuit of excellence in all areas;
• act as strategic lead in the continuing development of the quality of education across the school;
• provide strategic support for the improvement in outcomes for all pupils;
• further develop and refine the school achievement and tracking systems to ensure that the pupils of St Monica’s are enabled to achieve their full potential;
• be part of a school that remains popular with parents and the local community;
• benefit from professional development within the St Teresa of Calcutta Catholic Academy Trust;
• work with supportive and focused Senior Leaders and Local Governing Body Members, committed to the development of talented staff into the Middle and Senior Leaders of tomorrow;
• make a significant and potentially career defining contribution to a school which is rapidly improving.
We therefore seek an applicant who:
• is a practising Catholic with a strong personal faith and a clear understanding of the intrinsic value of Catholic education;
• is highly motivated by a belief that the life chances of all young people can be improved;
• is an exceptional practitioner with a proven track record of raising achievement across the age and ability range;
• has experience of improving behaviour, attitudes and school culture consistently over time;
• can demonstrate a strong track record of positive impact to date;
• is a well-qualified, industrious and talented team player who believes in lifelong learning and can help pupils develop the skills and attitudes they will need in their future lives;
• possesses the talent, interpersonal skills and range of pedagogical approaches necessary to contribute to the overall success of the staff and team; and
• adopts a “can do” approach to the job, and a commitment to continuing personal development in the role.
St Monica’s RC High School is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
The school operates a Safer Recruitment policy. The successful applicant will be subject to appropriate child protection screening, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Closing Date: Monday 1st March 2021 at 12:00pm
Shortlisting will take place on Wednesday 3rd March, and candidates who are invited to interview will be informed of the next steps at this point, which will be dependent on updated national guidance.
CES Application Forms and further details are available to download from the school website. Electronic submissions should be addressed for the attention of the Chair of the Local Governing Board h.collier@stmonica’s.co.uk.
Applying for the job
Electronic CES Leadership Application Forms should be addressed for the attention of the Chair of the Local Governing Board and submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.orgMore on how to apply
Academy, Roman Catholic
Up to 1150 pupils
11 to 16
About St Monica's RC High School, a Voluntary Academy
St Monica's RC High School is an 11-16 Catholic school located in the area to the north of Manchester. St Monica's joined the St Teresa of Calcutta Roman Catholic Academy Trust on 1st August 2020. The school is increasingly popular and is rapidly improving.
“Jesus Christ is central to our school”
“Across the school, leaders and staff have high expectations of what pupils can and should achieve. The headteacher drives this culture of high expectations. He is unrelenting in his vision to improve the school so that all pupils get the highest quality education.”
(Ofsted, December 2019)
Arranging a visit to St Monica's RC High School, a Voluntary Academy
Visits to St Monica's prior to application can be arranged by contacting Mrs Hayley Collier by telephone 0161 773 6436 Ext 205 or email email@example.com