Design and technology
Level 3, Point 5-8, £15,752.75 - £16,716.60 pro-rated (actual salary) per annum
Hours: 35 hours per week, term-time only (including 5 training days) plus two weeks
We are looking for a Design Technology & Engineering technician to join the Trust as soon as possible. You will be enthusiastic about Design Technology and Engineering, and be able to work as part of a team. A willingness to learn is important and relevant training will be provided.
The post holder will:
• Ensure Design Technology and Engineering workshops and the equipment in them are safe environments for pupils and staff to use, carrying out checks and maintaining machinery and tools.
• Provide support to teachers through the preparation of resources and materials required in Design Technology and Engineering lessons.
• Provide support to pupils in practical activities.
This is an opportunity for the right person to play a pivotal and crucial role in supporting this forward thinking and growing department to make a real difference to the future life chances of our pupils.
A message from the Design Technology and Engineering Team
Thank you for your interest in this role.
We want our new technician to be enthusiastic and keen to help our pupils make great progress, ensuring that the materials and equipment they need are available in a timely manner.
We need our technician to have good communication skills as well as having great attention to detail. Most of all, we want our technician to be a team player who:
- shares our commitment to provide the best possible learning experiences for all pupils;
- works to improve this fantastic area of the curriculum to benefit all our learners;
- makes suggestions when they feel our collaborative working environment could be improved.
Closing Date: 09:00 on Tuesday 16th March 2021. Please note that we will be running this as a rolling recruitment and selection process during the recruitment campaign, therefore please submit your application as soon as possible.
Wootton Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Wootton Academy Trust supports Equal Opportunities Employment.
A NOTE FOR RECRUITMENT AGENCIES - We prefer to hire people directly. We’ll be in touch if we need you!
Applying for the job
An Application Form and recruitment information can be downloaded from our website www.woottonupper.co.uk or requested by email from email@example.com.
Please return the completed Application Form either by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to the HR Department, Wootton Academy Trust, Hall End Road, Wootton, Bedfordshire, MK43 9HT.
More on how to apply
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.