Annual or full time equivalent (FTE) salary
- Grade 6, Point 17 – £26,448 per annum pro rata
- Actual Salary £20,263.00 (0.766 FTE)
Design Technology Technician job summary
Avanti House is a secondary school 11-19 school that opened in 2012. Currently there are 1,200 students with a Sixth Form of Year 12 & 13. The school is consistently over-subscribed in applications for the year 7 intake each year. Avanti House School is a Hindu-designated faith school, however, we welcome applications from all backgrounds and there will be no preference given in this regard. This is an exciting time to join the school as it continues its journey to outstanding.
We are looking for an innovative and strategic thinker with vision and ideas, who will lead by example and act as a strong role model to students. The successful candidate will join a vibrant and enthusiastic team who strive to ensure that all students enjoy learning and surpass expectations.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Carry out preparatory work, under supervision, for practical lessons. Help create jigs and formers and set ups for practical lessons
- Deliver apparatus, equipment and materials to classrooms, retrieve after use and return for appropriate safe storage. Creation of appropriate safe storage methods.
- Check practical provision and replenish material and apparatus as directed. Assist in maintaining stock levels and in carrying out stock checks, placing regular orders for materials and components.
- Provide support to the Head of Art. During busy times for GCSE practical work, you will be required to provide professional duties outside of school hours
- Assist with the setting up and use of ICT equipment within the Technology department.
For a more comprehensive list of the job responsibilities, please download the Job Description.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic Design Technology Technician who possesses the following:
- Has the ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Has the ability to work creatively as an individual and as part of a team.
- Has experience and an excellent track record in the field of health and safety in a support role.
- Has experience and knowledge of a range of design technology tools and machinery.
- Is confident and competent in using computers.
- Is able to cope with periods of pressure and prioritise workload accordingly so that deadlines are met.
Please see the Job Description for more information on the essential criteria and skills required for the role.
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
You will be working in a fantastic environment. Avanti exists to help each person become a well-rounded human being through intellectual, moral and spiritual growth, and so make the world a better place.
- LGPS pension scheme
- Development opportunities
Avanti Services Limited is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates are required to have an Enhanced DBS check unless internally appointed and still within the cycle of DBS re-checks.
Any appointment subsequently made will be subject to the receipt of satisfactory references and other pre-employment checks.
Diversity and Inclusion
We want to make sure we are attracting the widest possible range of people and ensure that they are accepted, understood and treated equally when they work here. This means we will work hard to understand that each employee is unique and ensuring that individuals or groups are not treated differently or less favourably on the basis of specific characteristics.
Such characteristics include (but are not limited to) age, disability, gender including transgender, race, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, and how the school supports pregnant women and new parents.
Applying for the job
Follow the link to complete the online application formMore on how to apply (opens in a new tab)