- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
Full-time equivalent salary
- Teachers Pay Scale + TLR2c
Director of Learning for Computing and ICT job summary“A culture in which pupils can thrive, teachers know they are well supported.” Ofsted 2017
The college is seeking to appoint a passionate, dynamic Director of Computing and ICT The successful candidate may have expertise in GCSE Computer Science and teaching across KS3 KS4 and KS5. This is a superb opportunity to lead a successful department with has a record of excellent results. Candidates should be self-motivated, have the drive to work in an exciting and innovative environment and should be ready to contribute creatively to the development of a progressive department.
Can you offer the following to the students and teachers of Hailsham Community College Academy Trust:
• Values-driven excellent teaching
• Excellent knowledge and skills to prepare students for the technologies of the future
• An excellent passion for learning
• Excellent tenacity to drive and improve the outcomes of all students
• Ability to teach KS3, KS4 and KS5
As a valued member of our team at Hailsham Community College Academy Trust we can offer you:
• An excellent and highly supportive Senior Leadership Team / Middle Leadership Team and pastoral team
• A commitment to your continued professional development at whatever career stage you’re at!
• An excellent school committed to consistency of student experience and sustained improvement
• The opportunity to join our Corporate Membership to Benenden Health Care and Cycle to Work Scheme
If you have the motivation and drive for excellence and want to be part of and lead an enthusiastic, dedicated and well-resourced team, committed to ensuring that all students make the best possible progress in an ambitious school with the desire to be ‘outstanding’, we would be pleased to receive an application from you.
Applying for the job
To apply, please download the Job Pack and Application Form from our website. Your covering letter should be no more than two sides of A4 (font size 12) and address the statement:
How I will ensure that all my department and students make great progress.
Completed applications should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
To arrange a visit and tour, please contact reception on 01323 841468
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will need to undertake a DBS enhanced clearance for this Academy. We are also required by law to ensure that any prospective employee is legally entitled to live and work in the UK. You will be required to provide documentation as evidence. Other conditions of employment may apply. We are committed to equality of opportunity and positively welcome applications form all sections of the community.
This post is also covered by the Childcare Disqualification Regulations 2009. The school will need to ensure that they are not knowingly employing a person who is disqualified under the 2009 Regulations in connection with relevant childcare provision. Accordingly, the successful candidate will be required to demonstrate to the school, by completing a self-declaration form as part of the pre-employment checks process, that they have not been disqualified under the 2009 Regulations.More on how to apply (opens in a new tab)
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.