Director of Learning - Science
This job expired on 27 March 2023 – see similar jobs
Job start date
1 September 2023
27 March 2023 at 9am
15 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4
- View all Full timejobs - We are currently seeking to appoint a dynamic, innovative and motivational leader in Science to continue to drive forward teaching and learning in this key area. Ormiston Maritime Academy was graded ‘good’ in all areas in July 2022, and Science was identified as a curriculum area of strength.
- L7 - L11
What skills and experience we're looking for
a skilled teacher yourself, you will lead by example and have the ability to
inspire students and colleagues to achieve their potential. As Director of
Learning (Science) you will make a significant contribution to ensuring we
achieve our commitment to our students and their families.
- Be passionate about their subject bringing energy and enthusiasm to the students they teach.
- Be able to teach across the age and ability range, demonstrating excellent subject knowledge with the ability to inspire and motivate students to enable them to achieve their full potential.
- Have a strong understanding of the Science curriculum at KS3 & KS4 (Combined Science and Triple Science) and contribute to our extra-curricular programme.
What the school offers its staff
- Personalised professional development.
- An opportunity to join a well-established, committed and successful curriculum team at an academy with a strong ethos of teamwork and support.
- An opportunity to join a friendly and supportive staff.
- Laptops for all staff in addition to desk top computers in all rooms.
- Free on-site parking.
- Teacher Pension.
- Outstanding facilities.
- Collaborative working within our shared family of schools.
- An academy where staff well-being is a priority
Commitment to safeguarding
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Ormiston Maritime Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 583 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Ormiston Maritime Academy website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 01472 310015
Ormiston Maritime Academy is a vibrant, forward thinking academy providing a comprehensive and inclusive education to students from age 11 – 16. We pride ourselves on being a values driven school and our ASPIRE (Achievement, Support, Perseverance, Independence, Respect and Enthusiasm) values are at the heart of the academy life. Our Vision The Ormiston Maritime Academy vision is very simple: all Ormiston Maritime Academy students, irrespective of their backgrounds, will be exceptional learners, so that they are equipped with the necessary knowledge, skills, qualifications and mindset to contribute positively in society. Our Mission Our mission is that we believe that students will aspire to excellence through literacy, with a specific focus on oracy at Key Stage 3. Students will learn to become masters of retrieval and experience a curriculum which develops students’ cultural capital. We are located in Grimsby, not far from the beautiful Lincolnshire Wolds, coastline and countryside.
Arranging a visit to Ormiston Maritime Academy
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
Waltham Toll Bar Academy
Station Road, Grimsby, Lincolnshire, DN36 4RZ
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Grimsby and Lincolnshire and Lincoln