Catholic College - Director of SEND
Governing Body of Cardinal Griffin Catholic College wish to appoint a Director
of SEND for January 1st 2023. This is a Leadership post, supported by a very
able Deputy SENDCo.
Catholic College is a medium sized 11 - 19 secondary school, situated in
Cannock, Staffordshire.This is an exciting time in the life of the
College. On the back of a very positive set of examination results in summer
2022 and following the appointment of a new Headteacher for September 2022, the
College is seeking to accelerate its progress towards becoming an outstanding
school. This appointment will support that ambition.
Governing Body is seeking a practical and creative individual who can work to
ensure quality provision for SEND students within the context of ever tighter
funding streams. That person will have a pragmatic and problem-solving approach
to managing the day to day running of the SEND provision. The College has a
small team of SEND Teaching Assistants whom the individual would have
responsibility, as well as leading on the process of securing and monitoring
EHCP plans, developing wider SEND provision and working with staff to train
them in support SEND students effectively.
are seeking an ambitious individual who:
- is supportive of our Catholic Ethos;
- is experienced in the SEND framework at a senior level; is
able to generate innovate solutions to problems;
- is able to contextualise SEND provision in terms of the
overall vision and resourcing of the College;
- is always looking to improve the quality of provision for
pupils and is relentless in the pursuit of excellence;
- has a proven record of securing improved outcomes for SEND
pupils at a whole school level;
- is able to develop effective practice through planning,
action, reflection and evaluation;
- has or is working towards the formal SENDCo qualification or
is willing to do so starting immediately;
- is innovative in providing opportunities for the development
of the talents of all pupils;
- is a caring and inspiring leader with excellent
- interpersonal and communication skills;
- has a collaborative and inclusive approach to working with
other leaders and staff at all levels; is a resilient and highly committed person.
we can offer:
- Community - A community with a strong explicit Catholic ethos
where everyone is valued and cared for.
- Commitment - A leadership team committed to securing the best
for all pupils.
- Dedication -A dedicated and hardworking team of staff
who are ambitious for all pupils.
- Support -A supportive, knowledgeable and skilled Governing
Body and Leadership team, committed to continual improvement.
- Development -Opportunities for personal and
- The opportunity to have a meaningful impact –Pupils who
want to learn and succeed and staff who are committed to teaching and
Deadline for applications: 12 noon, Monday 10th October 2022
Interviews: Friday, 14th October 2022
The College reserves the right to close this post prior to the
published deadline should it receive sufficient applications to pull together a
good field of candidates. We therefore encourage candidates to submit early
school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and
young people/vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share
position is subject to a criminal records check from the Disclosure and Barring
Service (formerly CRB) which will require you to disclose details of all
unspent and unfiltered spent reprimands, formal warnings cautions and convictions
in your application form. Applicants
will be subject to an online search if shortlisted. Where the role involves engaging in regulated
activity relevant to children, candidates should note that it is an offence to
apply for the role if the applicant is barred from engaging in regulated
activity relevant to children.
This job post has expired.