Uxbridge High School, Uxbridge, Middlesex
|Subjects||Design Technology, Other|
|Working pattern||Will consider full-time, part-time|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Main pay range 1, £18,429 to £21,444 per year (full-time equivalent)|
We are looking for a technician to support teachers in the delivery of design, technology and food technology lessons and to offer assistance to students. Your main tasks will include assisting in the maintenance of the design, technology and food technology rooms, including collecting and tidying away used equipment; assisting in the maintenance and organisation of stock; and following the maintenance schedule for tools and machines and carrying out basic repairs where possible. You will have experience of working in a workshop or similar environment and have manufacturing skills including wood and metal and manufacturing processes. You will be able to perform routine maintenance on a range of machines including lathes, mills, band saws and circular saws.
Essential educational requirements
1. No specific qualifications are required.
2. Health and safety certificates / relevant City and Guilds / GNVQ qualifications or similar are desirable.
1. All round manufacturing skills.
2. Ability to organise effectively, work alone at times to ensure equipment ready and working for lessons.
3. ICT skills.
4. Preferred knowledge of one or more of the following: lathes, mills, band saws, circular saws, PCB construction, CNC mills, arc welding, sewing machines, cookers, other machines/tools (desirable).
5. An understanding of Health and Safety regulations and requirements.
Essential skills and experience
1. Experience in a workshop or similar environment.
2. Experience of working in an educational setting (desirable).
Private Health care (Benenden)
|School size||1230 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 18|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|Website||Uxbridge High School website (opens in a new window)|
About Uxbridge High School
Uxbridge High School is an ambitious and dynamic converter academy with over 1,200 students aged 11 -18. We have much to celebrate at Uxbridge High School including a committed and focused staff, outstanding facilities, strong relationships with the community and school partners, supportive Governors and a thriving sixth form. We are delighted to be recognised by Alps in the top 25% of UK schools, celebrating outstanding sixth form student progress at A level. We value the successes of every child, whatever their starting point. All of this takes place within a truly comprehensive and multicultural school that reflects life in modern Britain. Our school values have been developed by students and staff and form the basis of our ethos and culture. All members of our school community subscribe and work towards always being: Positive, Respectful, Open Minded, Unique, Determined: Proud to Make Success Happen.
The Greenway, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 2PR