Discovery Schools Trust
Early Careers Teacher
Main Pay Scale 1
We are looking to recruit a number of enthusiastic, flexible, and highly motivated early career teachers to build a new " Discovery Schools Academy Trust Teacher Pool". In the first instance, if successful, a number of applicants will be immediately employed by the Trust. Those that are not immediately employed but have been successful through the interview process will be added to the Pool.
* Conditional on gaining QTS*
Our newly developed ECT pool is perfect for you if you are looking for:
- The opportunity to teach in any one of the 16 schools in the Discovery Schools Trust
- A commitment to excellence in education, grounded in a shared moral purpose of ensuring high-quality provision for all learners
- An employer committed to offering all staff high-quality CPD, shared resources and expertise
- A peer network of teachers across the wider trust to support you in your role
- Access to ECT support and training in your first two years with partners and wider networks
Please refer to the document attached for a full Job Description and Person Specification, and to support with your application.
In return we will give you the opportunity to:
- Model the aims and objectives of our schools to provide "Limitless Learning" opportunities for all children, staff and families,
- Provide outstanding learning for children and become self reflective learners,
- Monitor progress and development of children to ensure that all children are ready for the next stage of education,
- Lead by example and model best practice, regarding professional conduct, workload and personal development,
- Be flexible around workplace and be prepared to teach in any of our Trust schools
We can ensure you will:
- Get the opportunity to be an integral member of the team in a vibrant and exciting Trust school
- Have the opportunity to develop your profession, skills and knowledge
- Play a significant part in continuing to develop our Trust schools
- Enjoy your teaching journey
Why Choose Us:
Discovery Schools is dedicated to improving learning and teaching by creating a culture that promotes excellence. The needs of all children are placed at the heart of all decision making regardless of the school they attend. Teaching and learning excellence are shared through learning networks, sharing of ideas and materials as well as leading practitioners between schools. Discovery has developed a school improvement system which focuses on improving outcomes for all children. It also places staff development, talent management and succession planning at the heart of achieving outstanding organisations.
Please note that interviews for this position may be made earlier than the stated closing date if a suitable candidate is identified. Therefore, we encourage interested applicants to submit their applications promptly. Early submission will not only ensure consideration for the position but also increase the likelihood of being invited for an interview. We appreciate your understanding and look forward to receiving your application.
We are committed to safeguarding our pupils; therefore, the successful applicant will require an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and references.
This job post has expired.