- Early years
- Salary Range: £32,157 - £50,935 per annum for Mainscale/UPS
Early Years Class Teachers job summary
The Executive Headteacher and Governors at Newington Green/Rotherfield Primary School are looking to appoint two Early years Class Teachers for September 2022.
We are looking for an early years Class Teacher, one in each school. We need one role on a 12-month contract and one permanent. We are open to teachers at all pay levels applying, including upper pay scale, as we wish to have a balance of experience levels amongst the staff. Unfortunately, we cannot support an ECT year in either school for 2022/23, but ECTs are welcome to apply, as we can commit fully for the following year.
The role of Class Teacher will have a major impact on the children’s lives through delivering high quality teaching and learning. We are looking for someone who:
- Has recent successful teaching experience preferably across different phases and in at least one inner city multi-cultural school.
-Has proven experience of high standards of primary classroom practice
- Has respect for the views of parents and a commitment to the importance of the involvement of parents in the learning process.
- Shows evidence of a commitment to excellence and the maximising of academic and personal achievement for all pupils
In return we can offer you:
• Schools committed to your professional learning/development
• Schools at the heart of their communities
• Schools working in partnership to develop professional practice
Visits to the school are actively encouraged please contact the school office to arrange a time.
Salary: MPS, UPS depending on experience. Inner London.
Closing date: Midnight on 3rd July 2022. We reserve the right to appoint before the above dates should a suitable postholder be found. Early application is recommended. We therefore encourage early applications, so that we can organise selection activities. Applications will be checked on a regular basis.
Please apply online at www.islington.gov.uk/jobs. If you need any assistance, please contact Schools HR at email@example.com quoting reference NG/1088.
Applying for the job
Please apply online at www.islington.gov.uk/jobsMore on how to apply (opens in a new tab)
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Newington Green Primary School
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 2 to 11
- School size
- 420 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 2 to 11
Newington Green is a vibrant, two form entry school, with Nursery and two-year-old provision, serving a diverse community in Islington. The majority of pupils are of minority ethnic origin with Turkish, Somalian and Bengali being the largest ethnic groups in the school. The school has approximately 40% free school meals entitlement and over 25 languages spoken as first languages in the homes of its pupils.
Arranging a visit to Newington Green Primary School
To find out more about the role, please contact the school office to arrange a time.