Early Years Leader and Reception Class Teacher
17 days remaining to apply
Job start date
1 September 2023
15 June 2023 at 5pm
26 May 2023
- Early years
- View all Full timejobs - 32.5 hours per week
Full-time equivalent salary
- Between £28,000 and £43,685
TLR 2.1 £3017
What skills and experience we're looking for
WE ARE SEEKING A PROFESSIONAL INDIVIDUAL WHO:
- Has positive energy and clear understanding of continuous provision, to lead the strategic development of an ambitious Early Years curriculum, resourcing vibrant and interesting learning spaces, both indoors and outdoors;
- Can lead and coordinate assessment across EYFS, including statutory reporting and moderation, maximizing pupil and parental engagement;
- Can play a leading role in ensuring that the quality of teaching and provision in EYFS is outstanding.
- Wants to develop as a leader through high quality CPD as part of this role and working in Hamwic Education Trust.
The successful candidate will not only benefit from the support of committed teaching and support staff, but also be part of a team, which is enthusiastically driving the school forward, and building upon its achievements. We believe that it is not just qualifications but personal qualities that will make you an ideal candidate to join our team. We are looking for someone who will bring genuine enthusiasm and a passionate desire to make a difference to children to the role. We are looking for someone who holds the belief that irrespective of background and starting points, that all children can and will be successful in their learning.
What the school offers its staff
Harefield primary is a vibrant two form entry school on the east side of Southampton, that has achieved a silver award for being a UNICEF Rights Respecting School, an award we are extremely proud of. Our pupilstakePRIDE(Prepared, Respectful, Involved, Determined, Everyday) in their learning, behaviour, and our school community. PRIDE underpins everything we do and with our child-centred approach, we strive to meet the needs of all children to help them achieve their full potential.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as an inspirational and ambitious Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) Leader, to lead and further develop our EYFS base.
In this role, you will be responsible for providing leadership and management of the school’s EYFS curriculum, delivering high-quality teaching and effective use of resources. You will work to improve teaching and learning and outcomes for all early years pupils, while also carrying out their duties as a classroom teacher. To support you to achieve this, you will be given an increased amount of leadership time out of class.
WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- Excellent CPD opportunities and Training and Development Programmes
- An individual induction programme supported by a mentor
- Networking groups for Leaders, Teachers, Business Managers, Site Teams and IT staff
- Eligibility to join the Teachers’ Pension Scheme or Local Government Pension Scheme
- Free eye tests up to the value of £25 for users of VDU equipment and contribution up to the value of £60 towards the purchase of glasses specifically for the use of display screen equipment
- Access to the Trust Health and Wellbeing pages
- Access to a staff benefits portal
- Free confidential telephone and face to face counselling for staff and family members
Commitment to safeguarding
Applying for the job
Please download the application form using the link below, and once completed send to firstname.lastname@example.orgDownload an application form - 56.9 KB
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Harefield Primary School
- School type
- Academy, ages 4 to 11
- Education phase
- View all Primaryjobs
- School size
- 413 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 4 to 11
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Harefield Primary School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 02380 463240
Our vision at Harefield Primary School is to deliver the best all-round education for our pupils. By working collaboratively we aim to ignite a passion for learning which will enable every pupil to be the very best they can be. Our core purpose is “To Educate, Prepare and Motivate each student to Aspire, to Learn and to Achieve” Harefield Primary is a vibrant two form entry school on the east side of Southampton, that has achieved a silver award for being a UNICEF Rights Respecting School, an award we are extremely proud of. Our pupils take PRIDE (Prepared, Respectful, Involved, Determined, Everyday) in their learning, behaviour, and our school community. PRIDE underpins everything we do and with our child-centred approach, we strive to meet the needs of all pupils to help them achieve their full potential. This is an exciting opportunity for a professional, enthusiastic, motivated, and dynamic teacher to join our Harefield team. We work collectively within a strong school community and are passionate about making a difference for all our pupils both academically and emotionally. If you are a teacher that shares our school vision and are interested in joining our dedicated team please come and visit the school and meet our leadership team and find out more.
Arranging a visit to Harefield Primary School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Class Teacher - Maternity Cover
Ludlow Junior School
Peveril Road, Southampton, Hampshire, SO19 2DW
The Priory Church of England Primary School
Wick Lane, Christchurch, Dorset, BH23 1HX
Bramble Infant School and Nursery
Bramble Road, Southsea, Hampshire, PO4 0DT
Corpus Christi Catholic Primary School
Gladys Avenue, Portsmouth, Hampshire, PO2 9AX
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Southampton and Hampshire