This job expired on 31 May 2023 – see similar jobs
Start date details
31 May 2023 at 9am
16 May 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Englishjobs
- View all Full timejobs - 1265 teacher directed time per year
Full-time equivalent salary
- MPS1 to UPS3
What skills and experience we're looking for
Our ideal candidate will:
- Be a consistently good or outstanding teacher
- Be enthusiastic and be able to demonstrate innovative and creative teaching practices
- Be eager to inspire and motivate students to exceed expectations
- Have high aspirations for all students, is passionate about learning and can contribute new and creative ideas to subject areas
- Have a proven track record of achievement.
What the school offers its staff
As a school, we can offer you:
- A friendly place to work holding the Gold Kent and Medway Staff Wellbeing Award, where all members of staff are valued as people as well as professionals
- A dedicated Staff Wellbeing Team
- Low staff turnover
- Active support with your career development
- Many CPD opportunities such as NPQML, NPQSL, coaching and more
- Students that are proud of their school and performing well in Progress Eight, in comparison to many other schools
- Very well looked after school site and facilities that are only 10 years old and very modern, including ample, free, on-site parking.
- Free annual Flu Vaccination vouchers.
- Favourable consideration of requests for time off to attend family events such as weddings, graduations, school plays, Christmas concerts, Sports Day, award ceremonies etc.
- Access to Health and Wellbeing support via Occupational Health and access to free, confidential counselling services with the Staff Support Line Service.
- Positive union relations and a representative from the largest teaching union on the staff body.
- A school that looks to develop people’s skills and abilities at all levels with opportunities for staff to progress quickly and develop into posts of responsibility at all levels up to SLT.
Further details about the role
Commitment to safeguarding
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Thamesview School
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 927 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Thamesview School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 01474 566552
Thamesview School is a place where every member of school is encouraged to have the highest aspirations in their personal and academic lives. Our students are encouraged to become globally aware citizens who embrace high moral standards. We place Teaching and Learning at the very core of everything we do and are committed to empowering students to become: • aspirational • confident in learning • adaptable • creative • responsible Our school emphasises the importance of core skills and the importance of the fundamental skills involved, particularly in English and maths, and in all other curriculum areas. Our rich curriculum enables each student to make progress on a pathway which is right for them. This means that the school offers both academic and vocational qualifications so that each individual is fully prepared to maintain strong habits of learning throughout their lives and to be fully prepared to participate in society as lifelong learners. Thamesview School cares for its students so that everyone feels safe and is able to learn. Our ethos of care and respect permeates through every aspect of school life. Students are encouraged to act with integrity and honesty in every aspect of their lives and to ensure that they leave school with a tenacity to succeed and willingness to make positive contributions to our society.
Arranging a visit to Thamesview School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
The Robert Napier School
Third Avenue, Gillingham, Kent, ME7 2LX
Carshalton Boys Sports College
Winchcombe Road, Carshalton, Surrey, SM5 1RW
Tithepit Shaw Lane, Warlingham, Surrey, CR6 9YB
The Ursuline Academy Ilford
Morland Road, Ilford, Essex, IG1 4JU
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Kent and Medway