When staff, students and families walk through our gates and onto our site, they belong to the Whitley Academy Community. In this community, we build meaningful relationships based on trust and mutual respect. Our classrooms, corridors and the school environment are safe spaces where nobody is judged and everyone is valued. Our ethos, driven by our commitment to Whitley’s values, is built on inclusion and our dedication to care for each member of our community as an individual. We put learning and learners first in every decision we make. We are proud of our school and committed to supporting all staff and students to “be the best you can be”.
We are seeking an inspirational English Teacher to join our well-established and innovative English team from January 2020. You will be joining a well-resourced department with a relentless focus on raising attainment and recruiting successful students to KS5 English and iMedia courses in our Post 16 provision. You will be an effective team member, whose input will contribute to the further development of the current supportive and enthusiastic team of practitioners. Our Academy is on a rapid improvement journey. You will be joining a forward-thinking school that values the professional development and well-being of its staff.
Essential educational requirements
Good Degree in English
Qualified Teacher status of NQT year
Essential skills and experience
The successful candidate must be:
- Able to teach English to at least KS4 and potentially KS5,
- Values driven,
- Ambitious for every child and highly inclusive,
- Passionate about English and its impact on learning, with the ability to motivate pupils and achieve excellent results,
- Resilient with a strong personal drive,
- Someone who has high expectations of both students and their colleagues,
- Able to contribute to the development of T&L in English,
- Someone who can forge positive relationships with students to encourage great learning, and
- Someone who has a passion for English and the ability to share this with young people.
We will offer you;
- A positive and innovative learning culture, where wellbeing and workload are effectively managed,
- A dedicated, highly skilled and committed staff, upholding high expectations of and aspirations for all of our students,
- A strong sense of community and a warm, welcoming workplace,
- Access to high quality training and leadership experiences for all staff, to ensure that everyone is enabled to develop, grow and collaborate,
- PiXL network access, developing new ideas and strategies to impact on student learning and
- A number of additional benefits including a fantastic internal CPD programme built into directed time - fostering excellence in teaching and learning, free parking, and a vibrant modern building and facilities in a beautiful location within easy reach of the M40/M6 corridor.
About Whitley Academy
When staff, students and families walk through our gates and onto our site they belong to the Whitley Academy community. In our community, we are proud of our school and are committed to supporting all staff and students to be the best they can be.
- Abbey Road, Coventry, West Midlands, CV3 4BD
- Whitley Academy website (opens in a new window)