- Job role
Suitable for early career teachers
- Working pattern
- Full time
- Contract type
- MPS1 to UPS3
Are you passionate about teaching? Are you looking for an inspirational school that provides the rare opportunities that a growing school does? Do you want to be supported in your career development? Then come and join us at Turing House School.
Turing House School is seeking to appoint a motivated English Teacher to join our dynamic team 1st September 2022. We would be interested to know if an earlier start date of April is possible.
The successful candidate will:
• Be confident in teaching English across Key Stages 3, 4, and 5. An interest and/or experience in teaching A-Level Media is desirable but not essential.
• Be flexible, dedicated, and passionate about delivering exceptional learning experiences and ensuring all students achieve the best possible outcomes.
• Have excellent interpersonal skills and share the school’s mission and ethos.
Why work for Turing House School:
• Please see our website or this link for our last academic year’s virtual open evening/morning events and look at the English department information attached.
• Friendly colleagues who are always happy to help each other.
• All staff are proud to be part of the school and feel supported by the open-door policy of Senior Leadership who genuinely want to see you succeed and thrive.
• Excellent opportunities for ongoing professional development with cross trust support from RET and training catered to support your individual career.
• Smaller classes of 25 students.
• Great support for ECTs including your own dedicated mentor, reduced teaching timetable and a successful induction programme.
• Staff wellbeing is at the forefront of the school’s priorities. Happy teachers make a happy school.
• Staff benefits include a laptop for all teaching staff, free flu jab, subsidised yoga classes, regular social events, weekly staff bulletins and staff appreciation shout out board.
• To be part of an 11-18 provision with opportunities to teach in the sixth form in many subject areas.
• In February 2022 we are moving into our new permanent site in Whitton with state-of-the-art facilities.
• Free tea and coffee in the staffroom as well as free delicious meals from our catering company on days where you carry out break or lunch duties.
Here’s what Ofsted have to say:
“Staff morale is exceptionally high. Staff are enthusiastic and enjoy working in the school. There is strong sense of teamwork across the whole school community.”
“Leaders have established an open culture at the school where there is a clear sense of teamwork and community across staff and pupils alike. Everyone takes pride in the school. It is a welcoming and vibrant place. High expectations across the school have secured high standards of behaviour.”
“Behaviour is exceptional. Motivation is high. There is a lot of enthusiasm and aspiration to do well in class. Most students are following expectations and are caring about their work outside of the classroom. I get to eat lunch and have time away from screens. This has had a huge improvement on my own health and my lessons.”
“Staff are incredibly supportive and positive. Expectations are made clear and help is always at hand. Students are incredibly self-motivated and behaviour is minimal.”
“I think Turing House is a fabulous school full of hard-working, dedicated and inspirational staff and students. Thank you for everything you do for the school, it is very much appreciated”.
Choosing the right new school to work in is as important to you as choosing the right new staff is for us. Please visit our website to find out more about us and to download a recruitment pack.
The closing date for all applications is midday on Monday 24th January. Shortlisted candidates will be informed of the arrangements by email and telephone. Interviews will take place soon after.
We reserve the right to interview and appoint prior to the closing date, so we would encourage you to submit your application early.
We are completely committed to safeguarding the welfare of our students. Appointments will be subject to an enhanced DBS clearance and references. Turing House School is an equal opportunity employer.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Free School, ages 11 to 19
- Education phase
- School size
- 665 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 19
About Turing House School
Turing House School is an inspirational growing 11-19 secondary school. This September we welcomed our second cohort into our sixth form and we now have years 7 to 13. Our first six years have established us as a successful and exceptionally popular school, being oversubscribed with waiting lists for each year group. In May 2018, we were delighted when Ofsted judged as good overall with outstanding leadership and management as well as personal development, behaviour and welfare. The school’s new-build permanent site, with state of the art facilities, is in Whitton and is currently under construction due to complete on February 2022. Until then we are based in high quality accommodation on two sites in Teddington and Hampton. The School is developing strong STEM and Music specialisms and particularly welcomes applicants whose experience supports the further development of these distinctive aspects of school life.
You will join us at an exciting time with the first academic year we have all year groups and we relocate in to our permanent site, providing a rare opportunity for an inspirational teacher to make a mark on the new school and develop your career with us.
Arranging a visit to Turing House School
If you would like to visit to school, please contact us on the phone number and email address provided.