18 days remaining to apply
Job start date
1 September 2023
16 June 2023 at 9am
26 May 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Englishjobs
- View all Full timejobs - 32.5hrs per week
What skills and experience we're looking for
Qualifications and Training
- Positive GTP report
- Good Honours Degree
Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- Effective planning and teaching 11-16
- Thorough understanding of the National Curriculum
- Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately in a variety of situations
- Ability to work under pressure and achieve deadlines
- Effective behaviour manager
- ICT compliance
- Involvement in extra-curricular activities
- Post 16 teaching and/or capacity to do so
Values and Personal Competencies
- Energy, ambition and enthusiasm
- Good organisational skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good health record
- Ability to establish good relationships with colleagues
- Commitment to raising standards
- High level of self-motivation
- Professional ambition
- Committed to the values and vision of the Trust.
- Team focused with the ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Committed to equality, diversity and inclusion.
- Strong morals, ethics and sound judgement.
A role model of the Trust’s Values.
What the school offers its staff
We provide a supportive and friendly environment to develop and thrive. We offer all staff access to an excellent pension (TPS); an excellent new staff induction programme; a commitment to high quality continued professional development; and free onsite car parking.
For an informal discussion about this post, please do not hesitate to contact Yasmin Holmes via 01482 847498. For further information and how to apply for this position please visit the www.cottinghamhigh.net
Diverse perspectives and experiences are critical to our success and we welcome applications from all people from all backgrounds with the experience and skills needed to perform this role.
We want to make sure no one is put at a disadvantage during our recruitment process because of a disability, condition or impairment. To assist you with this, we will reduce or remove any barriers where possible and provide additional support where appropriate.
If you need a change to be made so that you can make your application, please do not hesitate to contact us.
The Consortium Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of all children and expects all staff to share this commitment. An appointment will be made subject to satisfactory references and enhanced DBS disclosure, in line with the usual terms and conditions of employment at The Consortium Academy Trust.
Commitment to safeguarding
Applying for the job
Apply for the job by following the link belowMore on how to apply (opens in new tab)
About Cottingham High School and Sixth Form College
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 980 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
Cottingham High School has fantastic students, supportive parents, passionate teachers and enormous potential: this is an exciting time to join our school. 99% of our parents would recommend our school to another parent. (Parent View April 2019) In May 2017 Ofsted judged the school as good in all areas and the upwards trajectory of our student outcomes continues to evidence this. The class of 2018 delivered our best results ever at GCSE: 72% Basics, and P8 of 0.22 (top 30% of schools nationally). Our Post 16 outcomes placed us in the top 15% of all schools nationally with an ALPs of 3. One parent commented (September 2018) ‘I cannot thank you and the other staff who've supported my son enough. I will be eternally grateful that you all saw my son’s potential, believed in him and have encouraged him to want to achieve.’
Arranging a visit to Cottingham High School and Sixth Form College
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
Driffield School and Sixth Form
Manorfield Road, Driffield, YO25 5HR
Cottingham High School and Sixth Form College
Harland Way, Cottingham, East Yorkshire, HU16 5PX
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in East Yorkshire