Faculty Leader for Design & Technology
• To lead, manage and develop Design & Technology
• To ensure the provision of an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for students in a specified area in accordance with the aims of the school and the policies determined by the Governing Body and the Headteacher
• To be responsible for the overall progress and development of students within a specified area
• To develop and enhance the teaching practice of others to facilitate learning experiences which provide students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential.
• To provide for the effective management of teachers, support staff, financial and physical resources to enhance students’ learning
• To identify the responsibilities beyond those of a main professional grade teacher that are expected of a member of staff who holds a Teaching and Learning Responsibility Allowance (TLR)
Essential educational requirements
• Good honours degree or equivalent
Qualified Teacher Status
Essential skills and experience
• Proven track record of success in teaching to GCSE and/or A Level in the subject area.
• Evidence of experience in taking responsibility beyond that normally expected of a main scale teacher.
• Clear understanding of the issues regarding monitoring and evaluating school performance
• Evidence of ability to form professional relationships with both students and colleagues
• Familiarity with developments in the National Curriculum and Post 16 Curriculum
• Evidence of the successful application of behaviour management techniques
• Evidence of a willingness and ability to lead extra-curricular provision.
• Evidence of working with other STEM areas within school.
TLR allowance - currently £6,826 pa
About Helsby High School
Helsby High School is a community secondary school and sixth form in Helsby, Cheshire. It's GCSE and A Level results are amongst the highest in Cheshire.
- Chester Road, Frodsham, Cheshire, WA6 0HY
- LA Maintained School
- Helsby High School website (opens in a new window)