|Job role||Teacher, Leadership|
|Subject||Design and technology|
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
• To lead, manage and develop Design & Technology
• To ensure the provision of an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for students in a specified area in accordance with the aims of the school and the policies determined by the Governing Body and the Headteacher
• To be responsible for the overall progress and development of students within a specified area
• To develop and enhance the teaching practice of others to facilitate learning experiences which provide students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential.
• To provide for the effective management of teachers, support staff, financial and physical resources to enhance students’ learning
• To identify the responsibilities beyond those of a main professional grade teacher that are expected of a member of staff who holds a Teaching and Learning Responsibility Allowance (TLR)
TLR payment - currently £6,826 pa
Applying for the job
Design & Technology
(MPR/UPR+TLR2c allowance currently £6,826 pa)
Required for January 2021
We wish to appoint a highly qualified and committed leader who has experience of teaching Technology with a passion to lead an engaging curriculum, in a newly created faculty.
This is an exciting post, offering the opportunity to shape and deliver the Technology curriculum in a high performing school.
If you have high expectations of your students with the ability to inspire them, then please visit our website at www.helsbyhigh.org.uk for further details of the role, including the application form.
Please note that only applications submitted on the school’s application form will be considered. All applications will be acknowledged on receipt. Please contact the school if you do not receive confirmation that your application has been received.
Helsby High School is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Successful applicants will need to undertake an enhanced DBS clearance.
Closing date for applications:
0900 on Wednesday 30th September 2020
- Faculty Leader of Design & Technology App 2021.doc  0.18 MB
- Faculty Leader of Design & Technology Job Description.docx  0.07 MB
- Faculty Leader of Design & Technology 2021.doc  0.74 MB
- Faculty Leader of Design & Technology Headteacher's letter 2021.docx  0.06 MB
- Faculty Leader of Design & Technology Person Specification.docx  0.07 MB
|School type||LA Maintained School|
|School size||1376 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 18|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||Helsby High School website (opens in a new window)|
About Helsby High School
Helsby High School is a community secondary school and sixth form in Helsby, Cheshire. It's GCSE and A Level results are amongst the highest in Cheshire.
Chester Road, Frodsham, Cheshire, WA6 0HY