Faculty Leader of English
The Avon Valley School and Performing Arts College, Rugby, Warwickshire
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||£47,942 to £52,902|
At the core of this role is the leadership of the Faculty of English, ensuring provision of an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for pupils studying subjects within the Faculty. In addition, strategic leadership is required to ensure the Faculty thrives and develops in accordance with the School Improvement and Development Plan.
As Faculty Leader, you are expected to make a significant contribution towards the leadership of the school and will be a member of the school’s Extended SLT.
Essential educational requirements
• Outstanding classroom practice that inspires students and adds value to their progress
• Proven track record of having impact on students’ outcomes in current post/teaching practice school
• Ability to enthuse, motivate and discipline students
• QTS and a good honours degree relevant to English
Evidence of continuing professional development
eg: Leading from the Middle, MA
• Awareness of current developments in English including specification changes
• Experience of the Performance Management process
• Writing development plans
• Budgeting experience
Essential skills and experience
• Substantial knowledge and understanding of developments in the teaching and learning of English
• Ability to relate to teaching staff, other professionals, parents, students and governors.
• Experience of new technologies to support teaching and learning.
• Ability to use data effectively to monitor student progress
• Ability to work as a member of a team and /or independently
|School type||LA Maintained School|
|School size||1096 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 16|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||The Avon Valley School and Performing Arts College website (opens in a new window)|
About The Avon Valley School and Performing Arts College
Avon Valley is a successful and oversubscribed school situated within the busy market town of Rugby. Following our Ofsted Inspection in July 2017, we were graded a ‘Good’ school. The school offers a distinctive ethos where we aim to inspire and support each student to prepare for their future by fulfilling both their academic and personal potential.
Newbold Road, Rugby, Warwickshire, CV21 1EH