- KS1, KS2
- depending on experience
Full time class teacher and Music Lead TLR2a job summary
We currently have the following vacancy to start in September 2022:
Class Teacher with TLR2a for Music
Salary Scale: MPS – pay point dependent on proven skills and abilities
Are you an inspired and passionate teacher with a creative approach to the curriculum, who demonstrates a love of teaching? This is a wonderful opportunity for a talented, highly motivated and inspirational teacher to build on the current excellent music provision at our school. If you are committed to our school’s inclusive ethos and are eager to work as part of a supportive and dynamic team, then please get in touch.
The successful candidate will have:
• A proven ability as an outstanding teacher with a passion to improve outcomes in Music for all children across the school and reduce inequalities between them
• Evidence of success in leading and managing music
• Ability to demonstrate a high level of musicianship
• A clear understanding of the music curriculum
• Able to play a musical instrument
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate, inspire, lead and support colleagues and the ability to lead and manage change.
• Proven ability in working as part of a team.
• Be open to challenge, risk taking and creativity.
• The knowledge and understanding of how to use a range of technologies across the curriculum to support learning.
• Excellent communication skills with all stakeholders.
• Will contribute fully to the values, aims and life of the school.
We can offer:
• Children who love music lessons
• A very well-resourced music room
• A wonderful opportunity for an inspired and passionate music teacher
Prince of Wales is a successful, forward thinking 3-form Primary School in a diverse multi-cultural area. Our well-resourced school is rich in extended, outdoor learning opportunities thanks to its strategic location, steeped in history, that benefits from excellent public transport and road links in and out of London. We also have ample on-site parking.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Closing Date: 8am on 20th May
Interviews: Monday 23rd May
Please note: due to the large volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from the school by this date please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed by appointment and application forms are available on our website (address above) or by contacting the school office to request an application pack. All applications should be returned via the Local Authority’s Applicant Tracking System (link below). CVs and incomplete application forms will not be considered.
The school is committed to safeguarding and the promoting the welfare of children and young people and to providing equal opportunities in employment. A criminal background check is a requirement of this role and is obtained via the Disclosure Barring Service’s standard procedure. Overseas’ police checks will also be conducted where these are applicable.
TLR 2A outer London
This job post has expired.
About Prince of Wales Primary School
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 3 to 11
- School size
- 619 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 3 to 11
Prince of Wales Primary School opened in 1950 and is situated in Enfield Lock, North East of the London Borough of Enfield. Our 3-form school benefits from extensive grounds including gardens, pond, sports fields, playgrounds and environmental areas. The local environment offers a variety of historical, rural and industrial resources which provide an excellent stimulus for historical, geographical and science studies. Through the road, rail, bus and cycle networks the school has good access to the borough, the Capital, outer London boroughs and our neighbouring Counties of Hertfordshire and Essex. The School works closely with a range of stakeholders and agencies to provide the best education for our children and support for families and the local community.
We benefit from the cultural diversity within our continuously changing local and wider community and have established rich partnerships which support our children’s development and broaden their experiences. We are an inclusive School that has high aspirations for all our children’s achievements; regardless of their learning abilities, background or prior education. Our pupils are taught and coached to be resilient to the many challenges in their lives; overall they are well motivated and ambitious. We have used Pivotal training to inform our positive behaviour strategies and rules: be ready, be safe, be respectful.
Arranging a visit to Prince of Wales Primary School
We warmly welcome and encourage a school visit - we hope you will find our well-resourced music room particularly enticing.
Please contact the school office.