L6-L12 £47735- £55338
Dent Church of England Primary School is looking for a leader and colleague who will deliver
high standards of academic and personal growth.
While we have many strengths, as seen in our Ofsted and SIAMS inspection reports, we
know that we need to build on these solid foundations in order to continue to provide the
best all-round education for our pupils.
The school focuses on the holistic development of each child, and we expect to treat
everyone with fairness, respect and equality. Each pupil is encouraged to achieve their
potential through a supportive family-orientated atmosphere which combines strong learning
outcomes with excellent pastoral support.
In particular, we are looking for a Headteacher who will:
• Be an inspirational leader who has the management skills to deliver the school’s
ethos and vision.
• Inspire, motivate and nurture our children.
• Provide an enriched and high-quality, creative curriculum, which expects high
standards and enables excellent outcomes for all pupils.
• Promote and enhance the wellbeing of the staff team, providing opportunities for all
to learn and grow to their full potential.
• Further develop relationships with our families and the wider community to
encourage their contribution to school life.
• Lead by example, actively modelling and embedding into all areas of school life, the
seven core Christian values of the school, which are: Wisdom, Trust, Service,
Justice, Compassion, Endurance and Forgiveness
• Be outward looking, and work with other schools in the network to share best
You may be looking at this opportunity as either your next Headship or your first. Regardless
of where you are in your leadership career, we will ensure you have access to support from
the Governing Board, the Diocese and Cumbria Council to help you succeed as our new
We can offer:
• A “Good” school as rated by Ofsted.
• Happy and enthusiastic children who thrive in a creative, caring and exciting learning
• An ambitious, exciting curriculum that aims to give every pupil a lifelong love of
learning, and offers them enriching opportunities to discover their unique talents.
• Well-equipped school premises, multifunctional outdoor area and large playing field.
• Significant levels of support from both experienced staff and a committed Governing
• A warm, friendly school which has a tradition of treating everyone with kindness and
• Strong financial support from community groups and widespread voluntary help from
members of the community.
• The opportunity to live and work in the stunning area of the Yorkshire Dales National
Park, close to the Lake District.
If you have the experience, passion and drive to make a difference for our children and their
families we would be delighted to hear from you.
The school is committed to the safeguarding of its pupils and expects all staff and volunteers
to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be appointed on completion of an
enhanced DBS check and receipt of professional references.
Applying for the job
To make an application, please download and complete the Cumbria County Council online
application form and also write a covering letter which explains how your past experience has
prepared you for this post. The letter should be no longer than two sides of A4, and should be sent to email@example.com. The closing date for receipt of applications is noon on Friday, 9th April 2021, and interviews will be held at the school on Monday and Tuesday, 26th and 27th April
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
Local authority maintained school, Church of England
28 pupils enrolled
4 to 11
About Dent CofE Voluntary Aided Primary School
We are a small lively school in a rural area and we have very strong support from our local
community. This enables us to provide a wide range of opportunities for our pupils, which when
combined with a strong focus on individual learning and pastoral support means that they leave us with considerable confidence when they transfer to secondary school.
More information can be found on our school website https://dent.cumbria.sch.uk/
Arranging a visit to Dent CofE Voluntary Aided Primary School
Due to the current situation regarding Covid-19, visits to Dent C of E Primary School by prospective candidates are restricted until after 3.30pm. If you would like to arrange a visit, please telephone our school office on 015396 25259 mornings only or leave message.