|Job role||Teacher, Suitable for NQTs|
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Up to £30,000 per annum|
• Prepare, teach and assess GCSE Maths courses
• Provide pastoral support to students
• Lead on exams and assessments
• Teach groups including associated preparation and marking.
• Arranges, monitors and supervises learners on study programmes, educational visits and field trips.
• Designs and prepares innovative and creative learning materials to embed Maths in vocational areas.
• Assesses students, including formative and summative assessments, internal verification and supervision of assessments and exams.
• Maintains and provides records and statistical checks in relation to own teaching, including enrolment checks, attendance records and the like.
• Participates in activities to publicise courses.
• Assists in planning and developing
• Discretionary half-day work on Fridays
• A staff wellbeing day
• Admin days built into the academic year
• An individual CPD plan to bring out your brilliance
• Teaching, learning and assessment groups to share best practice and try new teaching techniques
• Opportunities to learn from your creative colleagues, for example, learning how to DJ, sew, improve your photoshop skills
• An employee assistance line for people to talk through difficulties confidentially, with solutions often offered to partners
• Full pension benefits in either the Teachers Pension Scheme or Local Government Pension Scheme.
Applying for the job
Please complete the attached application form and if you prefer send us your CV.
- GCSE Maths Teacher - JD and person specification-1.pdf  0.17 MB
- Application Form.docx  0.11 MB
|School type||Free School|
|School size||Up to 400 pupils|
|Age range||16 to 19|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||Big Creative Academy website (opens in a new window)|
About Big Creative Academy
Big Creative Academy (BCA) is a post-16 free school specialising in the creative industries. We believe that teaching skills employers want and empowering young people to think reflectively enables positive outcomes for students and our wider community. Big Creative Academy is committed to wellbeing and excellent teaching. Our mission is to improve the lives of young people through high quality training and creative industry experiences. We have 350 learners studying vocational programmes progressing to higher education and employment.
38, Clifton Avenue, London, E17 6HL
Get a job alert for when similar jobs are listed