- Early years
- Fixed term (Until August 2022)
- Grade C Scp 2-4 + SEN Allowance (£19,837 - £20,584 pro-rata; actual salary £12,442 - £12,910 per year)
General Teaching Assistant - SEN job summary
General Teaching Assistant - SEN
Job type: Fixed term until August 2022
Hours: 27.5 per week, term time only
Salary: Grade C Scp 2-4 + SEN Allowance (£19,837 - £20,584 pro-rata; actual salary £12,442 - £12,910 per year)
Start: As soon as possible
Do you have experience working with children special educational needs?
We are recruiting for a general teaching assistant to work on a 1-2-1 basis with an Early Years high needs SEN child with complex needs. We are a two-form entry primary school with a higher than average number of children eligible for pupil premium funding, as well as a higher than average proportion of pupils with Special Educational Needs.
Working under the direction of the class teacher and our SENCO, the successful applicant will be able to deliver high quality 1 to 1 assistance in Early Years, be pro-active, energetic, resilient, flexible, have a positive attitude and a dedication to provide the best care for SEN pupils.
Alongside our staff you will be responsible for safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and young people.
The ideal candidate will:
• Have relevant qualifications and experience in working with children
• Have an interest in working with children with complex special educational needs
• Have practical experience of working with small groups or one-to-one
• Be flexible in their approach to the needs of the children
• Have high expectations of all children
• Be willing to take part in relevant CPD in order to support the children
• Be able to work with outside agencies and communicate with parents
• Be able to be flexible and adapt day to day
• Two references confirming suitability for the role
• Commitment to safeguarding
• Eligibility to work in the UK
• Able to provide evidence of police checks for any time spent living or working abroad
• Support from dedicated and knowledgeable staff
• Commitment to your continued professional development through training
• A warm, happy school where we value our community and have a philosophy of kindness and support for each other
• Happy, enthusiastic and well-behaved children
• A school with exciting and attractive learning environments
• An opportunity to work with a close-knit team
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Closing date: Thursday 3rd February 2022 at 9am
Interviews will be held as soon as possible after the closing date.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
Application forms and details are available to download from the NYCC jobs advert and from the Teach YC website
For an informal conversation about the role, to arrange a visit and for an application pack please contact Garry Morrison at Resourcing Solutions (North Yorkshire County Council) at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07814935700
Or you can apply for the post please download the application form and application pack from our school website.
We are happy to answer any questions about the role and visits to school are welcomed. Please contact the school office on 01723 351767.
In response to the current COVID situation we want to reassure applicants that effective measures will be implemented to ensure their health and wellbeing. Thank you for your cooperation during this difficult time.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.