Geography Performance Leader
In this role your main responsibilities will include:
• Ensuring that well-resourced Schemes of Work are in place across KS3, KS4 and KS5 that enable teachers to plan sequences of lessons so that all students enjoy learning and make good progress.
• Setting a clear Assessment Policy that is meaningful, manageable and motivational; and allows teachers and students to understand what has been learned and what the next steps are.
• Providing support, challenge and guidance to all Geography Teachers to ensure that they are following schemes of work and applying the assessment policy.
• Using progress data to ensure that teaching is leading to good progress for all students.
• Ensuring the schools’ behavior management policy is applied consistently within Geography.
As a middle leader you will lead the smooth day to day running of Geography; and along with all senior and middle leaders across the school you will play a key role in ensuring that all staff achieve a sensible work/life balance, flourish in their roles and can achieve their professional goals.
Essential educational requirements
Undergraduate degree in geography or similar subject
Essential skills and experience
Experience of teaching Geography at KS3 and KS4
Experience of teaching Geography at KS5 desirable
Experience of leading change within a subject context
Experience of line managing colleagues desirable
TLR 2c (£6,518)
About The Kimberley School
- Newdigate Street, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG16 2NJ
- The Kimberley School website (opens in a new window)