Location: Wembley, North-West London – excellent transport links (nearest station is Wembley Park)
Salary: £37667 - £59242dependent on experience (Ark main to upper pay scale range)
Start date: September 2024
Deadline: 8:00am Monday 22 January 2024
Interviews: To be arranged on an ongoing basis. The school reserves the right to close this advert early and interviews may take place before the advertised closing date. Applicants are strongly encouraged to apply early for this role to avoid disappointment.
Great opportunity for a passionate teacher looking to kick start their career or seeking a new challenge at an outstanding all-through academy, specialising in mathematics and citizenship.
Ark Academy is an all-through school in Wembley
Park, set against the backdrop of the iconic Wembley Stadium, with excellent
About the role:
We are looking for a Geography Teacher who is committed to ensuring every child is challenged to achieve their maximum potential. You will have passion, enthusiasm, alongside the skills and desire to develop and nurture every child in your care. You will deliver consistently excellent teaching and learning, to help all students to achieve excellent academic results.
You will join a friendly and close-knit geography department who believes strongly in teamwork and co-plan units of work to ensure consistency and best practice across all classes and year groups.
By joining our school, you will be well supported with your professional development. Ark Academy has an exceptional track record for training teachers.
We welcome applications from ECT’s as well as more experienced candidates, with TLRs available for an appropriately qualified and experienced candidate.
The ideal candidate will:
· be an outstanding teacher of Geography or have the potential to become outstanding
· be experienced in raising or the desire to raise attainment in a challenging classroom environment
· have proven experience working or the desire to work successfully with students of all abilities
· be committed to Ark’s ethos of high expectations and no excuses and the belief that every child can succeed
View the candidate information pack here
About Ark Academy:
We are an all-through school in Wembley Park, set against the backdrop of the iconic Wembley Stadium.
Our commitment is to know every pupil as an individual, and to foster the principles of team spirit, responsibility and care for others. Our pupils enjoy both a nurturing environment and the social benefits of a small school and the range and resources of a large, well-equipped academy.
We are very proud of our reputation for academic excellence and the superb pastoral care our students receive along with the support we provide for the less academically able. We now want your help to enable us to go beyond outstanding and achieve ‘excellence for all’.
Learn more about us by visiting https://arkacademy.org/.
Benefits of working for our school:
- Access continuous staff development. We have a minimum of 10 training days and weekly in school sessions of a high standard. We strongly support NPQML, NPQSL and Lead Practitioner course.
- Our successful behaviour policies treat student behaviour not as the responsibility of individual teachers, but of the entire school. This ensures as a teacher at Ark Academy, your time is never wasted dealing with discipline. Our students know what is expected of them, allowing both students and teachers to focus on learning.
- As a member of Ark Academy, you will receive extensive professional development geared towards excellence. Weekly sessions designed by those who understand the context of the school, are ensured to cater for our teachers’ every need. In addition, the school provides continual support and career progression. Numerous comprehensive training programmes are available to our staff from ECT’s to aspiring middle and senior leaders.
- By being part of the Ark network, you will have access to a range of other benefits including reduced gym membership and large retail discounts.
Click here to find out more about the benefits of work for Ark Academy.
How to apply:
To apply, please visit www.arkacademy.org/vacancies and submit an application. A Golden Hello is available to the successful candidate if the application is made directly via the schools website. Previous applicants need not apply.
For an informal, confidential discussion, please contact Aqsa Akram, Head of Department on 020 8385 4370 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For any technical issues, please contact our system support team by clicking the chat function on the bottom right of the advert screen.
Ark is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people in its academies. In order to meet this responsibility, its academies follow a rigorous selection process to discourage and screen out unsuitable applicants.
Ark requires all employees to undertake an enhanced DBS check. You are required, before appointment, to disclose any unspent conviction, cautions, reprimands or warnings under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975. Non-disclosure may lead to termination of employment. However, disclosure of a criminal background will not necessarily debar you from employment - this will depend upon the nature of the offence(s) and when they occurred. To read more about Ark’s safer recruitment process, please click this link.
We aim to build a diverse and inclusive organisation where everyone – staff and students – can do their best work and achieve their full potential. We want to reflect and represent diverse perspectives across our organisation because we know that doing so will make us stronger and more effective. To know more about Ark’s diversity and inclusion commitments, please click on this link.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent English is an essential requirement for the role.
Ark is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people in its academies.
Ark requires all employees to undertake an enhanced DBS check. You are required, before appointment, to disclose any unspent conviction, cautions, reprimands or warnings under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975. Non-disclosure may lead to termination of employment. However, disclosure of a criminal background will not necessarily debar you from employment - this will depend upon the nature of the offence(s) and when they occurred.
This job post has expired.