This is a fantastic opportunity for enthusiastic, driven professionals to join our Family of Schools. An excellent knowledge and understanding of the subject is essential as is a passion for Geography. You must possess the skills and determination to make a significant difference to the lives of our students and share our single goal of ‘students first’. Your relentless drive will ensure our students gain the best possible outcomes. Applications are invited from both newly qualified and experienced professionals.
The Humanities department at Outwood Academy Brumby is an inclusive department where staff work together to develop an ambitious curriculum for our students. The team collaborate with colleagues and students to help our students succeed and develop a love for the subject. The department thrive on building positive relationships with our students to work with them to achieve amazing things. Our department constantly thrives to improve and we would love you to be a part of this journey with us. The academy provides us with the freedom to design an exciting curriculum where students can thrive. The department currently consists of 6 staff with 3 historians and 3 geographers.
Our Geography curriculum consists of 2 hours in Year 7, Year 8 and Year 9. The curriculum is shaped so that students can develop their knowledge of key issues that are facing the world today. Students travel across the globe to focus on places that feature on the national curriculum but also those that do not to further enrich student’s knowledge and experience of the world. Students take part in interactive activities to discover places at a local, national and international level. We are excited by the further development of this curriculum and the opportunities for students to conduct a range of fieldwork in order to develop further opportunities for students.
Outwood Grange Academies Trust supports colleagues by funding an extensive range of accredited training courses and apprenticeship opportunities up to Masters level. We also offer:
- Your starting salary plus annual inflation linked increases. The starting salary will be dependent on experience.
- We follow the principles of the School Teachers’ Pay and Conditions Document
- You will be automatically enrolled into the generous Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Pay progression happens automatically on the anniversary of the target period appropriate to your role
- Flexible family friendly policies from day one
- We have our own Workload Charter and are committed to ensuring that Teachers’ workloads are manageable
- All teachers receive an allotted minimum of two hours CPD each week
- Access to centralised resources to support with lesson planning and reducing workload
- Comprehensive induction and training process
You will also be automatically enrolled into our Employee Assistance Programme which gives you and your family members free access to:
- Specialist information on a wide range of work-life issues
- Emotional support and counselling for a wide range of personal and work issues
- Legal guidance
- Financial guidance and debt counselling
- Child and dependent care support and advice
- Support for managers
Outwood Grange Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All appointments are made in accordance with safer recruitment practices and the statutory guidance in Keeping Children Safe in Education. Online checks will be carried out on all shortlisted candidates, and all appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check, satisfactory references and checks regarding suitability to work with children.
This job post has expired.