Girls PE Teacher
Worthing High School, Worthing, West Sussex
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £24,373 to £40,490|
|Newly qualified teacher||Suitable|
TEACHER OF GIRLS PE
Main or Upper Pay Range (NQTs welcome)
Full-time required for September 2020
Are you ambitious? Do you want to work in a dynamic 11-16 school?
We are seeking to appoint an excellent teacher of Physical Education, who is confident in their subject knowledge and is able to motivate and enthuse students.
Are you someone who:
• Is a consistently good/outstanding teacher?
• Is able to motivate and inspire students to raise attainment across all ability ranges?
• Is able to deliver outstanding teaching and learning and achieve excellent results?
• Has an excellent knowledge of PE? (A specialism in trampolining and gymnastics would be an advantage, but not essential)
• Has excellent communication skills?
• Wants to make a real difference to the lives of our students?
For further enquiries or to arrange a visit please contact Olivia Blake on 01903 237864.
Details of this role, including a job description, information on why you may wish to join us, how to apply and an application form can be downloaded from the school website at https://www.worthinghigh.net/vacancies or from the links in this advert.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 20 April 2020 by 5.00 pm
Due to the current situation with Covid-19 we are unsure when interviews will be arranged. If you are interested in the role then please apply.
Completed applications should be sent to Mr Panayiotou, Headteacher, at the above address or emailed to email@example.com
NOTE FOR RECRUITMENT AGENCIES: We prefer to hire people directly but we do have a preferred supplier list for when we need a helping hand. We will be in touch if we need you.
Please note, because of the nature of this job, if you are successful in your application you will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service with barred list check. This will be done by means of applying for a DBS certificate through the Disclosure and Barring Service. Disclosures include details of cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions, spent or unspent. Clearance will be obtained before employment commences.
Worthing High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Worthing High School, part of the South Downs Education Trust, is an academy and a charitable company limited by guarantee and registered in England and Wales with company number 8276210. The Registered Office is at: South Farm Road, Worthing, West Sussex BN14 7AR
We recognise continuous service from academy/non-academy schools
Essential educational requirements
Postgraduate qualification in subject area or combined Education with first degree.
QTS or QTLS
Essential skills and experience
Experience of using a range of information and evidence to raise pupil achievement.
Experience of successfully delivering inclusive practice to ensure equal opportunities for all.
Ability to identify realistic and challenging targets for improvement in the subject area.
Exemplary classroom practitioner.
Ability to ensure curriculum coverage continuity and progression in the subject, for all pupils.
Ability to set targets in the subject area using school provided data.
Experience of using inclusive practices to ensure equal opportunities for all in the subject area.
Experience of implementing the principles and practices in behaviour management and strategies.
Experience of the delivery of the subject content within relevant key stage(s) and its assessment tools.
We can offer you:
• The chance to work in an innovative and forward thinking school
• Teaching at KS3 and KS4
• Effective support for Professional Development in preparation for your next step
• A friendly and supportive environment
• The opportunity to work with well-motivated students and supportive parents
• A location on the coast very close to main line railway services and road networks
• Free well-being and medical support cover
• The opportunity to be part of the South Downs Education Trust MAT
• Free use of our brand new fitness suite
|School size||1043 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 16|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|Website||Worthing High School website (opens in a new window)|
About Worthing High School
Multi Academy Trust
South Farm Road, Worthing, West Sussex, BN14 7AR