- Competitive, depending on experience
Governance Professional job summary
We are seeking a resilient and forward-thinking Governance Professional to support the trust board to realise its vision that every child will leave the Trust with excellent academic outcomes and a clear purpose for the next stage of their lives.
The trust has already established one vibrant, inclusive school that provides an excellent experience for every member of its community. The Richmond upon Thames School is uniquely situated on the Richmond Education and Enterprise Campus Hub (REECH) which comprises two special schools (Clarendon School and Capella House School) and a further education college (Richmond Upon Thames College). They are housed in state-of-the-art purpose built premises, and the next phase of the campus’ development continues with a new Sports Centre due for completion in 2024.
Working closely with the Trust Board you will help to shape our MAT development options over the years that follow. You will benefit from working with a strong and dedicated group of trustees and senior leadership team fully committed to ensuring that all students achieve excellence through endeavour.
We know that building an exceptional Trust relies on our ability to inspire and nurture a phenomenal team of staff. We want to recruit dedicated staff keen to use professional development and share best practice to make a difference to the education landscape. The trust encourages its staff to strive for professional excellence and, in doing so, prepare our students for the modern world, limitless opportunities; and to become champions for equality and social justice.
- The school is well placed for excellent transport links whether travelling by foot, cycle, car, bus or train.
- There are ample secure cycle racks for staff to use (as well as staff showering facilities on site), as well as access to a ‘Cycle to Work’ scheme.
- The site also has a secure, controlled access car park for staff to use with direct access to the A316.
- The school is well served by local bus routes in all directions; and is within easy walking distance to Twickenham train station, which is in Zone 3 and well served by South Western Trains. The station is currently undergoing major redevelopment with a new station building and access due to open by Spring 2020.
There is a focus on developing community and positive staff wellbeing through:
- Private medical, dental and optical care;
- Quiz nights;
- Free yoga and relaxation sessions;
- Staff-led fitness;
- Staff ‘pique-nique’ events;
- Seasonal gatherings;
- Free tea and coffee in the light and airy staff social room
Continuing professional development has a strong focus. There is an extensive programme available which extends to internal and external specialists, as well as partnerships with other educational and business providers. Reciprocal school visits are encouraged with existing arrangements already in place.
- Membership of a pension scheme is available.
- The school has a two-week Autumn half-term break.
- RTS is proud of its well-established links within the community and has an active PTA.
- We welcome and encouraged local businesses and groups to join us during the annual Summer and Christmas Fairs.
Applying for the job
Please visit our school jobs portalMore on how to apply (opens in a new tab)
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About The Richmond upon Thames School
- School type
- Free School, ages 11 to 16
- School size
- 740 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
We are seeking resilient and forward-thinking people to support us to realise our Trust’s vision that every student will leave RTS with excellent academic outcomes and a clear purpose for the next stage of their lives. We have already established a vibrant, inclusive school that provides an excellent experience for every member of its community.
In five years, we have grown from 125 students in Year 7 to 750 students across Years 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11. The years that follow promised to be exciting as we continue to grow into our permanent building and new sports centre.
The school is uniquely situated on the Richmond Education and Enterprise Campus with Clarendon Special School, Capella House School, Richmond Upon Thames College.
Our first Ofsted inspection took place in January 2020 and we are delighted that the inspectors rated the school ‘outstanding’ for personal development and ‘good’ for the quality of education, behaviour and attitudes, leadership and management, and overall effectiveness.
Arranging a visit to The Richmond upon Thames School
Prospective candidates are welcome to discuss any questions you may have prior to submitting your application; contact Barbara Munro, PA to the Head Teacher on 0208 891 2985 or email@example.com to arrange a suitable time.