Inspire and transform learning with us. Harris Academy Peckham is looking for a Teaching Assistant to support individuals and groups of students to enable access to learning, contributing to the development and maintenance of a purposeful, nurturing learning environment.
Qualifications, Knowledge & Training
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Some knowledge of strategies in working with young people with challenging behaviours
- Knowledge of some of the social issues facing students from disadvantaged backgrounds
- Awareness of Health and Safety issues in the workplace.
- Experience of working directly with young people in an education or training environment, supporting the learning of students.
- Experience of establishing and maintaining positive working relationships with a range of stakeholders, at all levels.
- Experience of managing and being responsible for own workload.
Personal Skills, Abilities & Qualities
- Good literacy and numeracy skills,
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, with an excellent standard of written and spoken English.
- Good administrative and organisational skills.
- Ability to interest, encourage, motivate and engage children
- Ability to work as part of a team; working effectively with people across a wide range of levels and responsibilities.
- Computer literate – must have good ICT skills including a working knowledge of MS packages e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel etc, as well as using and updating records and databases.
- Ability to work using own initiative, exercising good judgement where unsupervised.
- Flexibility of approach to work.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality; having tact and diplomacy where necessary.
Our vision at Harris Academy Peckham is to ensure every child achieves excellence in all aspects of academy life. We have high aspirations, both in terms of academic standards and personal development, in order to prepare your child for the demands of the 21st century global workplace. We expect every child to excel, and will provide the necessary challenge and support to make this happen. In line with all Harris Academies, we ensure that we prepare engaging and innovative learning experiences for our students, within a disciplined context where good manners, smart uniform and mature conduct are expected from all.
Our people are at the heart of our success. We have developed a strong culture of collaboration and best practice, with professional development and career planning at its centre. We invest in our staff with support, coaching, mentoring, and a wide range of top-quality training programmes delivered at every level to senior leadership.We look for talented individuals who share our vision for creating exceptional places of learning, and are committed to ensuring that every child in London has access to the best possible education.In addition to the opportunities for career progression, training and development, we also offer a competitive rewards and benefits package which includes a Performance and Loyalty Bonus, Pension Scheme, a Wellbeing Cash Plan, electric car scheme, 26 days' annual leave (plus bank holidays) for non term-time only employees, and many other benefits.
The Harris Federation and all our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, references, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. Before applying, please review our Policy Statement on the Recruitment of Ex-Offenders.