Assistant Headteacher - Members of the leadership team will have clearly defined responsibilities and the successful applicant will take
responsibility for key strategic areas. These will change from time to time and develop as the school grows. This
is in order to develop the skills and experience of the individual within the team and also to respond to school
Head of 6th Form - Core purpose
• To be responsible for the provision of high quality sixth form education and care.
• To work with school leads on the sixth form curriculum, Teaching & Learning and career
• To ensure students make excellent progress from their entry points, to include VA score of no less
• To grow the number of students in the sixth form in line with the increase in size of the lower
• To contribute to a development programme giving students purpose- built accommodation for
Those with the right experience and skill-set will want to apply for an Assistant Headteacher position,
which will include the Head of Sixth From role (please see separate documentation).
Applications are welcome from teachers of all faiths and none; and this is reflected in our current staff
We are looking for a candidate who is:
- An exceptional leader, with experience of securing outstanding outcomes for students;
- An outstanding classroom practitioner, and role model for all stakeholders;
- A committed team-player with experience of having led and managed successful teams;
- Committed to the education of the whole child and to equal opportunities for all.
Our most recent set of published GCSE results in 2019 were outstanding and strong progress and attainment was
also seen in the 2022 GCSE examinations where results in key areas were well above national averages. Students
in our sixth form received the school’s first set of A Level results in August 2022, which were extremely pleasing
with many students earning places at top universities.
Students at St Andrew appreciate being taught well and enjoy their learning. They expect high standards and like
to be challenged and stretched in the classroom. They participate well and enjoy taking responsibility across the
We are determined to appoint a candidate who will fit well with our staff body and one that will exude the whole
Our ambition is to achieve an outstanding Ofsted rating but beyond that to make our school a
wonderful day-to-day experience for our learners and staff. If you are confident that you can rise to
these challenges then visit our website www.standrewtheapostle.org.uk and look over the relevant job
specification and further details along with the attached promotional document.
This job post has expired.