- Job role
- Working pattern
- Full time
- Contract type
We are seeking to appoint a Head of English to join our Extended Leadership Team at The Spires College. Alternatively, it could be a Director of English post, paid on the leadership scale, for the right candidate. This is an opportunity for an excellent teacher who is looking to further develop their leadership skills, and have a significant impact on whole-school policy and practice.
The vacancy has arisen as the current post-holder has gained promotion. The English Department is a large team with very many strengths but there is ample opportunity to influence the further development of curriculum planning, the teaching of the curriculum and to positively impact on students’ life chances.
At The Spires College, we strongly believe in the power of education to transform lives. If you always aim to inspire and enthuse students and are dedicated to bringing positive outcomes for all young people by improving students’ experience beyond your own classroom then please come and join us.
The College is a close community, with a shared desire to be the best we can be. The facilities and resources at The Spires College are excellent and as a School we are committed to staff’s professional development and invest heavily in ensuring our teachers grow and flourish as practitioners.
• the opportunity to be integral to College improvement;
• well-considered professional development and a wide range of professional opportunities, including significant leadership development opportunities;
• excellent career progression opportunities;
• a high level of support for all new staff;
• an exciting and stimulating place to work in a friendly environment;
• a modern, purpose-built building and excellent facilities.
• share the College’s very high expectations;
• be an excellent classroom practitioner, who is experienced in teaching English at Key Stages 3, 4 and 5;
• be committed to working collaboratively with colleagues, students and parents;
• be confident in your ability to support and develop colleagues;
• use your excellent subject knowledge and pedagogical understanding to develop a high quality English curriculum and ensure its successful delivery;
• be enthusiastic about giving young people the best possible start in life.
TLR 1b (£10,024)
Applying for the job
Please see the attached brochure for further information including how to apply.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- School size
- 1131 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
About The Spires College
The Spires College is a co-educational, 11-18 bilateral school with a selective stream.
The College is a close community, with a shared desire to be the best we can be. As a School we are committed the professional development of our staff and invest heavily in ensuring our teachers grow and flourish as practitioners.
The College is committed to safeguarding all of its students. All staff are required to adhere to our safeguarding policies and procedures and regularly undertake a full enhanced DBS check.
Arranging a visit to The Spires College
Please see the attached brochure for more details.