MPS / UPS plus TLR 1a - £50,000 to £60,000
• Raise standards and be accountable for student attainment and achievement within the whole curriculum area and to monitor and support student progress.
• Develop and enhance the subject knowledge of teachers within the team
• Assist in developing the curriculum provision for students in accordance with the aims and priorities of the school and the curricular policies determined by the Governing Body and Headteacher.
• Be accountable for leading, managing and developing the area of responsibility.
• Effectively manage and deploy teaching and support staff, and financial and physical resources within the area of responsibility to support the designated curriculum.
• Ensure continuity of teaching and learning in the absence of staff.
• Ensure the work of the department fully reflects the school's ethos, aims and policies, particularly those relating to equal opportunities and racial equality.
• Implement all school policies, procedures and relevant practices within the area of responsibility, in particular those relating to Health & Safety of staff, students and visitors.
• Ensure that Risk Assessments and Health & Safety practices throughout the area of responsibility comply with national requirements and are continually updated.
• Manage the day-to-day leadership, management, control and operation of course provision within the area, including effective deployment of staff and physical resources.
• Actively monitor and track student progress and devise strategies to address underachievement, including setting individual targets.
• Work with colleagues to formulate aims, objectives and strategic plans which have coherence and relevance to the needs of students and the aims, objectives and strategic plans and priorities of the school.
• Lead and manage the business planning function of the area of responsibility and ensure that the planning activities reflect the needs of the students in accordance with the school improvement plan and the aims and objectives of the school.
• Oversee and manage all subject staff to ensure the continuity of teaching and learning in their absence.
• Foster and ensure the application of ICT in the area of responsibility, including the development of resources, on line assessment and use of data.
• Oversee the development of student’s literacy, numeracy and independent learning skills.
Curriculum Provision • Liaise with the Senior Leadership Team to ensure the delivery of an appropriate, comprehensive, high quality and cost-effective curriculum programme which complements the school improvement plan.
• Ensure curriculum coverage, continuity and progression in the subject for all students, including those of high ability and those with additional educational or linguistic needs.
Lead curriculum development in the area of responsibility in line with national developments.
• Keep up to date with national developments in the curriculum area, and teaching practice and methodology.
• Actively monitor and respond to curriculum developments and initiatives at national, regional and local levels.
• Liaise with the Senior Leadership Team to maintain accreditation with relevant examination and validating bodies.
TLR1 a £8,291
Applying for the job
please use the school application formMore on how to apply
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
1153 pupils enrolled
11 to 16
About Woodside High School
Woodside High School is an outstanding, mixed 11-16 comprehensive school, serving a truly multi-cultural community, where every student is valued and treated as an individual. This is a school where young people’s talents and abilities are nurtured and where they can develop their ambitions. Our aim is that all students should leave the school as highly qualified, confident and articulate young adults.
At Woodside High School we believe that outstanding teaching and learning is underpinned by a key core value and commitment to equality and diversity. Equal access of opportunity is a priority, as is ensuring that all members of our community have a deeply enriching and supportive experience throughout their time at Woodside so that they can thrive.
Woodside is at an exciting time in its development. We are looking to appoint a new exceptional Head of English.
Commitment to professional development within school and through our network of schools
Collaborative leadership at both department and senior level
Excellent career development
A commitment to staff wellbeing and reducing unnecessary workload.
A convenient location in Wood Green, with excellent transport links (Piccadilly Line)
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
The closing date for receipt of applications is noon Monday 17th May.
For further information and an application pack please go to our website:
If you have any queries or questions, please contact Rukshanda Aman (HR Officer) on 0208 829 2523.
Applications must be made by application form. Please do not send a CV. It will not be accepted.
All applications must be sent to Hr@woodsidehighschool.co.uk
Arranging a visit to Woodside High School
Email HR on HR@woodsidehighschool.co.uk to arrange visit