- Job role
- Working pattern
- Full time
- Contract type
- TMS1 to UPS3 £25714.00 - £41604.00 gross pa
Are you an outstanding teacher and leader looking to develop your experience and professional career? We have an opportunity for you to do this to at St Bartholomew’s School. You might have a number of years’ experience in this type of role or looking for your first responsibility/leadership post. We pride ourselves on our academic success. Student Progress is outstanding with the average P8 score for the last 4 years being 0.63.
We are searching for a full-time Head of Faculty Humanities to join us from 1 September 2022 on a permanent basis.
You will work in our committed and enthusiastic Humanities Faculty, in a modern school, supported by an excellent house system.
We are looking for:
An enthusiastic and passionate individual who can provide first class teaching.
We offer you:
• An Outstanding School in all areas as judged by Ofsted in November 2021.
• A vibrant school with outstanding facilities with a work room for every faculty and a laptop and desk for all teaching staff.
• Smaller than average class sizes (average 27 students per class).
• An environment where students have an excellent attitude to learning where they can grow academically and personally.
• Students who, through the wide and diverse academic and extra-curricular opportunities they are offered, grow as individuals and happily contribute to the school community.
• A personalised professional development programme to support your individual career goals including opportunities to be coached or coach others, internal and external training throughout the year, lesson observation and feedback.
• Involvement in developing the school further including Action Research Teams, sharing excellent practice, an Exit Pass enabling you to spend time in other schools gaining and sharing knowledge.
• Regular opportunities for staff to come together both professionally and socially. Staff are kept up to date with regular communications as well as meetings (don’t worry, we only have them when we need to), sports activities and social gatherings.
• A focus on well-being for all staff and students.
• A free lunch every day.
• A level teaching is available for suitable candidates.
• Children of staff gain admissions preference as per the School Admissions policy.
St Bart’s is a leading academy school (1900 on roll with a Sixth Form of 570) in West Berkshire and our long history and excellent community links provide our students with opportunities in many ways.
Road links are good as we are close to the A34 and M4, as well as excellent public transport and within walking distance of Newbury train station.
Closing date: Sunday 23 January 2022
If selected for interview you will be given a tour of the school by our students so you can see first-hand all that we have to offer, we think you’ll be impressed. If you have any questions please contact us on 01635 521255 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Successful candidates will be subject to a DBS enhanced check along with other relevant employment checks.
TLR 1 £10205.00 gross pa
Applying for the job
For full details and to apply please follow the link to the school website.More on how to apply (opens in new tab)
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- School size
- 1911 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
About St Bartholomew's School
St. Bartholomew's School was founded in 1466 and is proud of its ancient tradition. It is now an 11-18 comprehensive school of over 1900 students with a Sixth Form of 570 serving Newbury and a wide area of West Berkshire and the Hampshire/Wiltshire borders, with outstanding facilities.
The school prides itself on its academic success and student progress is outstanding with the average progress score for the last 4 years being 0.63. This puts St Bartholomew’s in the top 8% of schools nationally which we are very proud of. A level results are in line with national averages.
Teaching at St Bartholomew’s School is a rewarding experience. Our students are eager to learn, well behaved and proud of their school, and this was reflected in our last Ofsted inspection (November 2021) in which the school was judged as Outstanding in all areas. As a school we are committed to ensuring that all the students and staff realise their full potential. Students leave the school as good citizens and this is underpinned by an exceptional house system and a vast range of extra curricular activities.
The professional development of staff is a significant factor in ensuring that we achieve our aim of improving on our previous best and there are rich professional development opportunities at St Bartholomew’s (see CPD offer on our website under Job Opportunities) at all levels. Our induction and ECT programme for new staff is supportive and thorough and coaching is available for all staff across the school upon request.