- Job role
- Geography, Humanities
- Working pattern
- Full time
Monday to Friday
- Contract type
- QTS Pay Scale plus TLR plus inner London Weighting
Woolwich Polytechnic School for Girls are looking to appoint a Head of Geography with a thoughtful and inspiring approach to teaching; an individual who will lead the Geography department, whilst actively improving teaching and learning. We encourage applications from teachers who excel in dynamic and fast-paced environments, who feel they can bring innovation to an effective department and are keen to contribute to extra-curricular activities within the department as well as the pastoral life of the school.
We are looking for a teacher who has:
• A genuine passion for teaching Geography
• The ability to lead a motivated and dedicated team
• The ability to develop and constantly modify exceptional practice in-line with a continually changing climate
• A desire to further raise overall achievement and success of Geography within the school.
• The ability to be an outstanding Geography teacher
• The ability to teach all aspects of Geography
• The drive and enthusiasm to engage and inspire pupils.
• The dedication to improve the life chances of young people throughout the school.
As a member of staff at Woolwich Polytechnic School for Girls we can offer you:
• Opportunities for career progression
• Excellent professional development
• A contributory pension scheme
• Opportunities to collaborate with outstanding and dynamic teaching professionals
• Access to various discounts for a small monthly fee
• An employee assistance programme
• Season ticket loans
• Finders fees for personal introductions of staff that we employ
• Excellent catering facilities
• Secure on-site parking
PolyMAT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all trustees, staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced Criminal Record Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service, along with other relevant employment checks, including overseas criminal background checks, where applicable. All new trustees, employees and volunteers will be required to undertake safeguarding training on induction, which will be regularly updated in line with statutory guidance.
The school is also committed to promoting equality, challenging discrimination and developing community cohesion. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Suitable candidates will be interviewed promptly upon receipt of application. The closing date will be brought forward in the event that the post is filled.
To apply please go to our website . For further information, a confidential discussion or any other queries please contact Ms Ann Cherry, PolyMAT HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Free School, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- School size
- 472 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
About Woolwich Polytechnic school for Girls
We are a small but expanding MAT, our vision is ‘success for everyone’. There are currently two schools in the Trust, Woolwich Polytechnic School for Boys, a highly successful all-inclusive boys’ school with a co-educational offer at Post 16, and the newly built Woolwich Polytechnic School for Girls, that is already making huge strides in the education arena. The schools pride themselves on a culture of high standards from staff and pupils. They are demanding yet rewarding schools where students and staff feel valued and supported.
Arranging a visit to Woolwich Polytechnic school for Girls
To arrange a visit to school please contact Ann Cherry, PolyMAT HR Manager on 02083017000.