Head of Humanities
Kings International College, Camberley, Surrey
|Subjects||History, Geography, Religious education|
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Upper pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £38,797 to £41,635|
We are a successful 11–16 mixed comprehensive judged as ‘Good’ by Ofsted and now on our journey to outstanding.
We are looking to appoint a Head of Humanities who will support the continued improvement of the department working with a talented and enthusiastic team. The role focuses on providing high quality, strategic leadership and management. The successful candidate will work in partnership with other middle leaders to ensure that the highest standards are set across the department to monitor, evaluate and improve attainment and progress of all our students. Applicants will be involved in the formulation of policies and practices which take forward learning and teaching, along with leading the pedagogic and strategic direction in order to support and sustain improvements.
Essential educational requirements
Essential skills and experience
We are looking for a highly motivated individual who:
• Believes in young people.
• Is dynamic, innovative and inspirational in the classroom and as a leader.
• Is keen to lead and manage a highly motivated staff team
• Is passionate about their subject and is keen to improve standards across all year groups.
• Ensures all students succeed and are able to achieve their maximum potential.
• Has the ability to teach outstanding lessons across the age range.
• Is committed to raising standards of attainment and developing the success of the school.
• Enjoys working as part of a team
• Sets high expectations of themselves and their students.
In return we will offer you:
• A professional, hardworking and supportive team of staff with the capability and desire to raise student achievement even further
• Enthusiastic students who are willing to learn and are proud of their learning environment
• Opportunities for further professional development
• Access to Surrey MyBenefits Scheme
• A caring and supportive working environment within a vibrant school community
|School type||LA Maintained School|
|School size||639 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 16|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||Kings International College website (opens in a new window)|
Watchetts Drive, Camberley, Surrey, GU15 2PQ