- MT1 -UPS 3
Head of Humanities job summary
Can you inspire young people with your passion for Humanities? If so, we would like to meet you!
We are looking for a dynamic and innovative leader who possesses the talent and enthusiasm necessary to lead our Humanities department and join our highly committed team of staff.
We are seeking to appoint an excellent teacher who has experience of successfully leading teaching, learning and assessment in Humanities to raise standards and achieve ‘outstanding’ outcomes. This is an opportunity to progress your career as a leader of Humanities in which you will lead and be responsible for ensuring the highly effective delivery of Humanities across all years.
The ideal candidate will:
• Have a track record of success in teaching Humanities.
• Have a flexible, aspirational and enthusiastic attitude.
• Have a passion for motivating students and improving outcomes.
• Be reflective and have a desire to work effectively in partnership with parents and students.
• Have a desire to set high expectations, embrace change and challenge and support each other as part of a highly committed team
We are part of Washwood Heath Multi Academy Trust, welcoming students from 11 years old to 16 years old, providing a standard of academic excellence for secondary and education. We are very proud of the positive learning experience offered to our students and the support available to ensure they achieve their full potential.
• offer an excellent induction programme within a friendly and supportive environment
• offer a whole range of professional development opportunities to further develop colleagues’ teaching skills
and leadership potential, including a Supportive NQT Induction Process & Policy, Career Pledge for Teachers
to support at each stage of career, paid opportunities to upskill via apprenticeship levy (right up to masters
• are creative and innovative in our approach to all aspects of school life
• have motivated, vibrant, multi-ethnic students and staff
• have a strong family ethos where individuals are respected and valued
• access to generous benefits, such a pension scheme and sickness allowance
• Free on-site parking
• are part of the WHA Trust that provides a full suite of benefits and rewards to support wellbeing
including 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme, access to wellbeing advice, cycle to work scheme,
contribution to glasses for DSE users.
We know you would love working at Tile Cross Academy. We have wonderful, enthusiastic students and amazing staff who always go the extra mile for their classes.
This post is suitable for a teacher currently looking to take on the challenge of leadership of a subject or someone who is already an established head of faculty but needs a new challenge.
N.B. CVs will not be accepted
We value our people and are dedicated to making sure that everybody feels empowered to bring their authentic self to work. We have an outstanding opportunity to work at Tile Cross Academy as Head of Humanities.
We promise to treat all candidates fairly, consistently and with respect throughout the application, assessment and selection process.
We are also “happy to talk flexible working” subject to the operational requirements of the role.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020. Which means that when applying for certain jobs and activities certain spent convictions and cautions are ‘protected’, so they do not need to be disclosed to employers, and if they are disclosed, employers cannot take them into account. Further information about filtering offences can be found in the DBS filtering guide.
Washwood Heath Multi Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
Applying for the job
Please click on the link to apply:More on how to apply (opens in a new tab)
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.