Head of Learning Support (Mat Cover)
Head of Learning Support – SENCO (Maternity Cover/Part-Time)
(Competitive salary and benefits according to experience and qualifications) Flexible Hours
Salary: ULT PT Pay Scale 1-6 plus TLR
An exciting opportunity exists for an enthusiastic and energetic SENCO to lead the learning support provision at our school. This is a key appointment and the successful candidate will assist us in ensuring all children learn as effectively as possible at all times.
For a full job description please visit the school's vacancy page https://www.hanwellfieldscommunityschool.org.uk/vacancies/current-vacancies
This position will be to cover a period of maternity leave and will be on a part-time basis of 2 days a week. We are looking at a start date of January 2020 however, would welcome, an earlier start or if possible the successful candidate to visit our school SENCO for a handover period.
If you are looking for an exciting, challenging and highly rewarding role within a Group that offers a strong commitment to professional development, and if you have an unshakeable commitment to improving the lives of young people, we encourage you to visit us.
Please visit our school website for further details at www.hanwellfieldscommunityschool.org.uk
The closing date for applications is 22nd October 2019 (Note - We reserve the right to interview and offer to a strong candidate prior to the closing date. It is strongly recommended that candidates submit their applications as soon as possible)
Hanwell Fields Community School is part of United Learning, a large and growing group of schools aiming to offer a life-changing education across England. As a group, we achieve more by sharing than any single school could.
Hanwell Fields Community School is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates. Hanwell Fields Community School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all who work at the School to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be subject to child protection screening including an enhanced disclosure through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and checks with previous employers.
Essential educational requirements
QTS, National SENCO Award
QTS, National SENCO Award with following experience
• Proven track record of highly successful Primary Teaching Experience.
• Experience of managing curriculum change and assessment strategies
• Experience of leading school based INSET.
• Proven experience of tracking progress and attainment.
• Experience of School Development Planning
• Working within the statutory requirements of legislation concerning Equal Opportunities, Health & Safety, SEND and Child Protection;
Essential skills and experience
• Effective leadership skills.
• High level of emotional intelligence.
• High level of written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to identify and assess pupil needs, to prioritise clear objectives and to review progress with a high degree of accuracy.
• High expectations of pupil achievement and progress irrespective of the complexity of their needs.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and evidence of the ability to lead a team and to work collaboratively with colleagues and parents.
• Develop professional relationships within a hard working team;
• Create a happy, challenging and effective learning environment.
Hanwell Fields School offers excellent professional development opportunities. All of our Teachers, NQTs and Support Staff benefit from high-Quality, supportive CPD and new staff very quickly become part of the HFCS family. The Academy also offers a competitive salary, a popular benefits and rewards programme, and enrolment into a contributory pension scheme. We are committed to providing a working environment that promotes the good health and well-being of all its employees, encouraging everyone to have 'Good Days at Work'.
About Hanwell Fields Community School
- Rotary Way, Banbury, Oxfordshire, OX16 1ER
- Hanwell Fields Community School website (opens in a new window)