Good degree in an appropriate discipline related to Maths (A/C)
- Teaching qualification together with Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) (A/C)
- Strong and secure subject knowledge in Maths up to GCSE and/or A Level (A/I)
- Evidence of good student examination results (A/I/R)
- Recent and relevant teaching experience (A/I/R)
- Experience of assessment at key stage 3 and 4 (A/I/R)
- Awareness of the strategies available for improving the learning and achievement of all students
- Good understanding of curriculum developments in Maths (A/I)
- Experience of leading a team (A/I/R)
- Excellent classroom practitioner that can model best practice (A/I/R)
- Able to use a range of teaching and learning strategies (A/I)
- Understands how assessment for learning can improve student performance (A/I)
- Understands principles of quality learning, teaching and assessment including Academy review and
- Able to apply effective practice and research evidence to improve outcomes (A/I)
- Confident in the use of standard ICT packages and how these can be used to enhance student
- Able to use student level data to raise standards (A/I)
- Able to work independently and collaboratively as a member of a team (A/I)
- Strong enthusiasm for your subject area (A/I)
- Creative in problem solving together with willingness to take on and try new approaches and ideas
- Ability to relate to students in a pleasant and sympathetic manner and to recognise potential
safeguarding issues (A/I/R)
- Able to communicate both orally and in writing to students and their parents/carers (A/I/R)
- Able to communicate high expectations to all students (A/I/R)
- Willingness to share good practice across the department and beyond (A/I/R)
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an outstanding team within a high performing multi academy trust with exciting career prospects for successful applicants.
We offer an extensive range of opportunities, incentives and benefits with this post including:
- Financial,offeringunlimitedaccess to a huge range ofdiscountson holidays, days out, retailer and cashback deals inc. Curry’s, John Lewis, Tesco and B&Q to name but a few.
- Lifestyle and Wellbeing,discounted & flexiblegymmemberships, eye care vouchers, cycle 2 work/Technology scheme,free annual flu jaband 24/7 access to a market leading Employee Assistance Programme providing expert information specialist advisors trained by Citizens Advice and access to professionally qualified counsellors accredited by the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy.
- Motoring,access to an employee vehicle leasing scheme*,discounted vehicle repairsand discounts on car/van hire.
- Pension, excellentemployer/employee contributory pension scheme with the Teachers’ Pension Scheme (TPS)
- Personal and professional, we offer a range of training and development opportunities for you to grow and develop.
*Subject to ensuring NMW is maintained.
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps
Skilled worker visa sponsorship is not available for this job.