Sheffield Springs Academy is seeking to appoint a Head of Maths to join their established team. Sheffield Springs Academy is an 11-16 secondary school serving the Park, Manor and Castle wards of Sheffield is part of United Learning, a national group of schools and academies as part of United Learning our aim is to bring out ‘the Best in Everyone’ and we continuously strive to ensure that students and staff have every opportunity to succeed, with their potential developed to the utmost.
Our mission is to provide a world class education, so students have the choice to attend a top university or a real alternative. Our mission is underpinned by our shared values of ambition, determination and respect which drive our thinking and behaviours. Our most recent Ofsted inspection judged the academy ‘Good’. High expectations of behaviour and learning are established resulting in a calm and purposeful environment.
We are seeking to appoint a dynamic, enthusiastic and influential Head of Maths to lead our successful Department. We are looking for someone who can provide outstanding leadership or quickly develop their leadership to an outstanding level to ensure that learning and progress in all areas continue an upward trajectory following our Ofsted ‘Good’ rating.
This role may ideally suit someone who is looking to make the step into middle leadership or who is looking to build upon their current experience and success at that level.
We will only consider candidates who can evidence a strong track record of success and who have made a significant impact on the lives and education of the children they teach. This will need to be demonstrated in your application and be clear at interview.
What we can offer you:
- An academy making rapid improvement.
- Excellent facilities and resources.
- Access to an outstanding professional development programme.
- A chance to become part of one of the largest groups of academies in the country.
- Caring, dedicated and friendly students who want to learn and fulfil their potential.
- Colleagues who are supportive, friendly and who are committed to each other’s professional development.
- Opportunities to be creative and to inspire your students.
- Opportunities to collaborate with colleagues in our cluster of schools.
- Access to the Teachers’ Pension Scheme (TPS).
In return, we are looking for:
- An ‘outstanding’ teacher with strong leadership qualities who can evidence significant progress and attainment from their students over a protracted period.
- Someone who shares our moral purpose of ensuring that all our young people receive the best education possible in a supportive environment from people who care about them.
- Someone who is resilient, dynamic and passionate about improving the life chances of all children in our community.
If you possess these qualities and share the academy’s vision, then we will be delighted to hear from you. Please see the Job Description and Person Specification for further information.
To apply, please click on ‘Apply Now’ to complete our online application form, CVs are not accepted. If you have any queries regarding this role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org The closing date for this post is 23:59 on Sunday 08 January 2023. Interviews will take place soon after. Applicants are encouraged to visit the academy before applying, to arrange a visit please contact email@example.com
United Learning is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employees will, in accordance with statutory guidance, be subject to a comprehensive checking process including references from current and previous employers, health, right to work in the UK, an Enhanced DBS check and a further check against the appropriate barred list.
This job post has expired.