The Manor Academy are looking to appoint a Head of Modern Foreign Languages to be instrumental in developing the vision of the department. The languages we offer are French and Spanish. This role will be responsible for developing the curriculum, supporting the practice of others and be an active part of our highly effective middle leadership team. As Head of Department, this role will take the lead in all aspects of learning and teaching in this curriculum area ensuring that students’ needs for all abilities are met and achievement and progress is positive.
The successful candidate will have excellent subject knowledge and be passionate about languages. The post holder will be an experienced dynamic classroom practitioner with a clear sense of purpose and high expectations.The person appointed will have a clear vision of what outstanding provision is and be able to inspire and enthuse others.This role is an ideal opportunity for someone who wishes to take the next step in their school leadership journey.
Why join us?
This Trust has a forward-thinking HR strategy with all the professional benefits that this brings for staff. We are easily reached by public transport, and for those who drive, there is a large free staff carpark. We have some excellent facilities for staff and our students really want to learn and achieve.
- Highly competitive pay and pay progression opportunities.
- An array of employee benefits and lifestyle options including discounted healthcare, gym membership and extensive high street retail discounts.
- Entry to a career average pension scheme.
- A full induction and a strong commitment to your professional development and career.
- Opportunities to experience and share practice in our partner schools across the Trust.
- A stimulating, supportive and rewarding working environment with a dedicated team of like-minded professionals.
- Excellent opportunities to develop your skills and experience and to progress your career.
- We takethe wellbeing and health of employees seriously. We have a range of support mechanisms and benefits available to employees and the Trust has signed up to the Education Staff Wellbeing Charter.
It is an offence to apply for this role if you are barred from engaging in Regulated Activity relevant to children.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. An offer of employment will be subject to the receipt of a satisfactory enhanced level DBS disclosure with a children’s barred list check, two satisfactory references and completion of vetting procedures.
We are committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and candidates with a disability who meet the essential job criteria will be given an opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at interview.
This job post has expired.