- No, visa sponsorship not available
- Early years, Key stage 1, Key stage 2
A TLR is availabe for the right candidate,
What skills and experience we're looking for
Applicants need to:
- Have qualified teacher status.
- Evidence of continued professional development
- Have taught children successfully meeting their many & varied needs.
- Have evidence of being an outstanding teacher.
- Have experience of running choirs/musical groups
- Have evidence of raising standards and accelerating pupil progress.
- Understand the purpose, structure and balance of the Music National
Curriculum and its requirements.
- Have thorough subject knowledge and keep abreast of national and local
- Display a knowledge of pupil assessment, target setting, tracking pupil
progress and record keeping in order to raise standards
- Display commitment to the safeguarding and protection of children and
fulfil relevant duties for child protection.
- Be committed to equal opportunities, respects and values different
experiences and backgrounds.
- Be an ambitious and outstanding teacher
- Display commitment to raising standards and accelerating pupil progress
- Assess, record and report on the achievements of pupils in accordance
with the school policies and procedures.
- Provide a learning environment which allows pupils to flourish
personally and to achieve
- Set clear targets for children’s learning and use assessment information
to inform all aspects of planning.
- Be innovative and proactive – especially with regard to forging
relationships with other schools and organisations to develop the music offering
- Be a team player, open, positive, motivated and proactive with a good
sense of humour
- Be a good communicator.
- Have an exemplary record of attendance and punctuality.
- Have high expectations of pupils, adults and self.
- Be committed to personal and professional development, is reflective and
learns from past experiences.
What the school offers its staff
We can offer you:
- A forward-thinking and dynamic school which welcomes innovation and new
- Children who are excited to learn, display exceptional behaviour, and
are fun to teach
- A happy, supportive and ambitious staff team
- A full time Teaching Assistant in every class
- Extended PPA time for all
- A supportive management team committed to improving standards
- Specialist teachers for Music, Sport, Drama and Kung Fu
- Extensive CPD for all
- A highly supportive parent body
Commitment to safeguarding
The governors of our school are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS.
This job post has expired.
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About John Betts Primary School
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 5 to 11
- School size
- 207 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 5 to 11
In 1859 Dr. John Betts set up a unique trust to provide free education to local children. A social pioneer, he believed that happy children, equality of opportunity, educational excellence and service to others were of the highest importance.
John Betts School is as innovative now as it was then: Voluntary aided and non-denominational with broadly Christian values (kindness, integrity, resilience, perseverance, and courage) that are at the heart of everything we do.
Arranging a visit to John Betts Primary School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
SRP Lead Teacher
Ebbsfleet Green Primary School
Ackers Drive Weldon, Swanscombe, Kent, DA10 1AL
Find more school jobs in London