Head of PE and Sport
Are you passionate about the power of sport and physical education on children’s lives?
• Have you got what it takes to lead an outstanding department?
• Are you looking for a post that strives for excellence and includes every child no matter their circumstances?
We know every teacher wants to be the very best they can be and we would love to help you along this journey. Teaching is full of rewards and challenges but what is key is a supportive team to work alongside you as you develop.
We are looking to recruit a new Head of Physical Education and Sport to work with our wonderful children. There are excellent links with the local Sports Partnership and we have great grounds. It’s an exciting time to join the team as we will be opening a new sports hall facility in 2020 for the school and local community - we’d love your help in setting this up! Gilbert Inglefield is a thriving, happy and successful school. Pupils are proud of their school and this is reflected in the commitment and standards they bring to so many aspects of school life. It is a real team effort.
Start date January 2020 or earlier.
Essential educational requirements
Must be qualified to degree level
Qualified Teacher Status
Essential skills and experience
The successful candidate will:
• Lead a PE department of strong and enthusiastic teachers;
• Be passionate about their subject bringing energy & enthusiasm to the pupils they teach;
• Be able to teach across the age & ability range, demonstrating excellent subject knowledge with the ability to inspire and motivate students to enable them to achieve their full potential;
• Lead our extensive extra-curricular programme.
About Gilbert Inglefield Academy
Gilbert Inglefield Academy is an average sized middle school based in Central Bedfordshire. Currently with 440 pupils on roll.
- Vandyke Road, Leighton Buzzard, Bedfordshire, LU7 3FU
- Middle Deemed Secondary
- Gilbert Inglefield Academy website (opens in a new window)