Head of Performing Arts
This job expired on 17 April 2023 – see similar jobs
Job start date
1 September 2023
17 April 2023 at 9am
24 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Dramajobs
- View all Full timejobs - 1.0FTE
- MPS/UPS plus TLR 2D £7,368
TLR 2D £7,368
What skills and experience we're looking for
Head of Performing Arts
MPS/UPS plus TLR 2D £7,368
Start Date: September 2023
Frome College is looking to appoint a full time Leader of our Performing Arts Department which includes Drama, Music and Dance. The right candidate will motivate and lead a team as well as teach and inspire students to achieve their full potential with excellent outcomes in GCSEs, BTECs and A-levels.
The successful candidate will be:
- Able to provide clear, cohesive leadership and direction in teaching and learning in the subject area and manage and motivate teaching and support colleagues in developing innovative teaching strategies to enhance the quality of teaching, learning and achievement.
- Able to play a key role in the college’s middle leadership and management structure, in creating a vision, sense of purpose and pride within the Department and its work.
- An outstanding and passionate teacher.
- Innovative, creative, enthusiastic – able to deliver results.
- A teacher who has vision, drive, and a determination to succeed in maximising attainment potential.
You will also have a great sense of humour!
What the school offers its staff
We offer the successful candidate:
- The opportunity to be part of a strong community and supportive workforce.
- A calm and welcoming environment which enjoys a large amount of green, open spaces.
- A supportive induction programme and CPD opportunities.
- Free parking.
- Onsite catering and nursery.
- ‘My Staff Shop’ benefits – including Cycle to Work scheme.
- Discounted access to leisure centre including gym and pool (located next to the college).
Frome College caters for students in years 9 to 13 and is a successful, vibrant, and forward-thinking Secondary establishment with approximately 1300 students on roll. It is a fast-moving school undergoing exciting and rapid regeneration. We are based on a stunning campus within easy reach of Bath and Bristol. Frome itself is a thriving market town, with a lively artistic community. It holds the renowned Frome Festival, monthly Sunday Independent market and is home to many restaurants as well as 2 theatres, one of which is on campus.
Closing Date: Monday 17th April 2023 8am
Visits to school are welcome, please contact the recruitment dept to book an appointment
This post requires a criminal background check via the Disclosure Procedure
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Frome Community College
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 13 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1267 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 13 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Frome Community College website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 01373 465353
Frome College is a successful, vibrant and forward thinking 13 - 19 Upper School with approx. 1100 - 1200 students. It is a fast moving school undergoing exciting and rapid regeneration. We are based on a stunning campus in easy reach of Bath and Bristol. Frome town itself is a cultured town with many restaurants, 2 theatres (one of which is on site) the renowned Sunday market and a cinema.
Arranging a visit to Frome Community College
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email FCCRecruitment@fromecollege.org.
Similar jobs nearby
The Blue School
Kennion Road, Wells, Somerset, BA5 2NR
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Somerset, Bath and Bristol