|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Lead Practitioners range 3 to Lead Practitioners range 7, £43,144 to £47,707|
Leeds East Academy is a diverse and vibrant school community which has recently been judged as ‘Good’ across all areas of the Ofsted framework. In the Ofsted report inspectors commented; 'Leaders' aspirations for the school are high. They are determined that all of their pupils, regardless of background, will achieve as highly as possible. Leaders have created an ambitious and optimistic culture across the school'. Over the three years the school has been on a rapid journey of improvement securing a Progress 8 score in 2018 in line with the national average. Housed within a state-of-the-art school building, Leeds East Academy is now the premier choice of school for families in the local area. Leeds East Academy is also a highly desirable and dynamic world-class establishment for ambitious education professionals, who will be joining one of the most productive, supportive and talented leadership teams in the country.
At Leeds East Academy we are committed to ensuring success for all by improving every student’s resilience, understanding and confidence through Performing Arts and Music. This is an incredibly exciting opportunity to lead a department dedicated to improving outcomes, aspirations and life chances of our young people.
As part of an Academy committed to a shared vision for all pupils, the Head of Performing Arts will be responsible for working with and supporting colleagues to raise attainment for all pupils driving students to experience success and excellence in every subject.
• Ensure schemes of work are produced, kept up to date, and adhered to by staff
• Manage the Performing Arts team and the department budget to include bidding and forecasting future needs to ensure impact on student outcomes
• Identify underachieving students and ensuring all teachers use data to monitor progress and planning appropriate interventions
• Implement agreed positive behaviour strategies including the organisation of subject strategies
General Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensure good and better progress for all students through the planning and preparation of high quality lessons which engage, motivate and support learners and adhere to the Academy Teaching and Learning Standards
• Strive to deliver a consistently good standard of teaching
• Report on Standards and Progress by tracking through the year and producing summative reports as required
• Deploy staff effectively in order that they achieve a consistently good standard of teaching/support for learning
Essential educational requirements
Good degree in relevant subject
PGCE or equivalent
QTS – the post is not suitable for NQT candidates
Essential skills and experience
Recent successful experience as an effective, successful classroom teacher.
A good understanding of the key stage three and four curriculum and recent relevant changes in both Performing Arts and Music.
Experience of improving the literacy skills of disadvantaged students.
Experience of working with underperforming members of staff to support and develop their progress with students.
Evidence of working with young people effectively
Successful contributions to team work
Teach to a high standard across all key stages, using professional links to the industry as applicable
Knowledge, understanding and commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion informed by practical experience and application
Knowledge, understanding and commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students
Experience of timetabling and managing a department budget.
|School size||930 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 16|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||Leeds East Academy website (opens in a new window)|
About Leeds East Academy
South Parkway, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS14 6TY