|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||MPS/UPS (£24,373 - £40,491) + TLR 2 (£4,656)|
Are you a dynamic and ambitious physicist looking to lead a successful department? Are you looking for a school with outstanding CPD and development opportunities to support you in taking the next step in your career?
• an open and collaborative community that trusts its teachers, equipping them with the skills and allowing them the freedom to act as valued professionals;
• Purpose built and well-resourced Science Labs with dedicated technician support;
• high quality inset days, Minimum 15% non-contact time, bespoke 3 year induction programme for new teachers & leadership development programmes;
• a range of personal benefits, including Cycle to Work Scheme, on site leisure centre and an active staff social committee;
• rigid procedures for managing behaviour;
• an Ofsted outstanding School that believes ‘better never stops’.
Applying for the job
Please apply with the TES
|School size||1797 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 18|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||Kennet School website (opens in a new window)|
About Kennet School
Kennet is a dynamic and ambitious 11-18 comprehensive school which opened in September 1957. The school has grown over the last 60 years, both in terms of size and success. We currently have approximately 1,780 pupils on roll including strong numbers in the Sixth Form at around 350 pupils. We were judged by Ofsted to be Outstanding in May 2016 and have accumulated a number of awards including Arts Mark Platinum, Exceptional Schools Award, NACE Challenge Award and Investors in Careers. We are currently working on the Sandwell Well-Being Charter Mark focusing on the mental health and well-being of our whole organisation.
Arranging a visit to Kennet School
We welcome enquiries and visits prior to application, so please get in touch with Chris Ellison, Deputy Headteacher for more information (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Stoney Lane, Thatcham, Berkshire, RG19 4LL