Leadership L10 – L16 per annum/pro rata Head of School Leadership L15 – L21 Per annum/pro-rata Head Teacher (starting salary dependent on experience)
Are you a dynamic, enthusiastic, motivated and creative leader? Can you drive the next phase of Castle Mead’s development? Can you build on our successes to achieve excellence in all that we do? If so we would love to hear from you. This is an exciting opportunity to join this developing Multi-Academy Trust and lead one of its three primary schools. The Trust would welcome applications from existing headteachers and experienced senior leaders looking for a new, exciting and rewarding challenge to become our new Head at Castle Mead.
We are now looking for a new Headteacher/Head of School who:
- Is committed to The Mead Academy Trust’s vision, purpose and values, and further developing a strong team of leaders, teachers and support staff to deliver a culture of continuous school improvement
- Possesses the leadership qualities and flair to make great things happen that will take the school to the next level
- Has excellent knowledge and understanding of current educational priorities and challenges, and how to provide a high-quality education
- Is a motivational leader who will work in partnership with our family of schools and have a willingness to share practice and to learn from others
- Will bring energy and creativity to drive curriculum innovation whilst maintaining existing effective practices
- Has a proven track record of achieving success and raising standards as a leader
- Has the belief that every child can and will succeed, and the determination to provide the necessary experiences to make this happen
- Is self-motivated, ambitious and has a strong track record of professional learning
- Is highly organised and personally effective, and is able to direct the strategic and operational running of a large, and growing, school
- Is an excellent, engaging communicator who will develop strong relationships with children, parents and the wider community
Applying for the job
Candidates wishing to apply for the position of Headteacher are invited to send:
1. A completed application form (download one from www.themeadtrust.org/vacancies)
2. A letter detailing any additional information and clearly outlining how your leadership skills, knowledge and experience have impacted on your current role and how you will use these to lead Castle Mead School in its continuing improvement journey
3. A maximum of six photographs illustrating what you believe to be effective learning
for the attention of Lyssy Bolton to email@example.com.More on how to apply
356 pupils enrolled
2 to 11
About Castle Mead School
Castle Mead School opened in September 2014 to serve a new housing estate on the outskirts of Trowbridge Wiltshire. The school is continuing to grow and when full will be a two form entry primary school. It was graded Good by Ofsted in June 2017.
It is a happy, vibrant place characterised by optimism, excellence and creativity. Our children benefit from a large site with 14 classes, a Resource Base that provides specialist support for children with a range of complex needs and an onsite nursery. There are extensive grounds, which are used to enhance our approaches to teaching and learning. We are committed to providing an educational environment that values each child as an individual and nurtures their potential.
Arranging a visit to Castle Mead School
We strongly encourage potential applicants to contact us to discuss the post more fully. We will be welcoming visits (following Covid-19 guidance) after school hours in the weeks beginning the 5th and 11th January 2021. If you would like to book a visit or discuss the post further please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mascroft Road, Trowbridge, Wiltshire, BA14 6GD