Head of School
This is a perfect opportunity for a dynamic and talented leader, with a proven track record of raising achievement and improving teaching and learning in their school, to work with a great community of children, staff and parents at Pilton Bluecoat C of E Academy.
Pilton is the largest of five vibrant, creative and supportive schools that make up TEAM Multi-Academy Trust - a group of schools based in close locality within North Devon. Each school has a designated Head, who are line managed by an Executive Headteacher.
If you would like to work and contribute to a Trust that is committed to providing children with outstanding learning experiences, aims to continually develop and grow, and where teamwork and the professional development of all staff is important, we would encourage you to apply.
Our ideal candidate will:
▪ Have current senior leadership experience
▪ Share our vision of transforming learning to raise aspiration, secure an enjoyment and love of learning and
develop a sense of pride in all that we do
▪ Put children’s ideas and active involvement in their learning at the center of their thinking.
▪ Be an outstanding and enthusiastic classroom practitioner with a proven track record of raising standards
▪ Be an excellent leader with a passion and commitment to improving the life chances of our children
▪ Have a proven ability to lead, inspire and motivate others
▪ Be a creative thinker
▪ Have the ability to drive forward developments in our curriculum
▪ Be supportive of the school’s Church Foundation.
This vacancy is a full-time position with no fixed teaching commitment. There is, however, an expectation that the successful candidate can lead by example and has the skills to model high quality teaching and learning.
We actively welcome visits to our school. Should you have any further questions or wish to arrange a visit, please make contact with our Executive Headteacher via Pilton Bluecoat.
Please visit our web site at www.teamacademytrust.com to download an application pack and application form. The completed application requirements should be returned to Caroline Tucker at Pilton Bluecoat Academy or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org showing how you meet the requirements of the post.
Essential educational requirements
Qualified teacher status
Having achieved or working towards NPQH
Essential skills and experience
An ability to demonstrate the highest-level skills in classroom organisation and management leading to the promotion of good behaviour and discipline across school.
An ability to differentiate the curriculum leading to high levels of achievement for children who have a diversity of needs.
Experience of analysing pupil assessment data to inform classroom practice and the deployment of resources.
A strong commitment to community links and the ability to confidentially engage with stakeholders.
Ability to manage a variety of people and situations effectively and sensitively.
Ability to work collaboratively within the Trust and its leadership team.
Confidence and commitment to direct, delegate, develop and empower.
Supportive of the school’s Christian values and able to contribute to and promote its Christian Foundation.
About Pilton Bluecoat Church of England Academy
- Abbey Road, Barnstaple, Devon, EX31 1JU
- Pilton Bluecoat Church of England Academy website (opens in a new window)