- Job role
- Working pattern
- Full time
- Contract type
- L12 - L16
St. Botolph’s CE Academy, part of Enhance Academy Trust, is seeking to appoint an outstanding and inspirational Head of School from April 2022.
We are a thriving one-and-a-half form entry school situated in Knottingley, close to Pontefract and within easy reach of the A1 and M62. This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and talented leader to work with a great community of children, staff and parents.
The school joined Enhance Academy Trust in March 2018 and has since gone from strength to strength. Our most recent SIAMS inspection (December 2021) judged the school as ‘good’, with the effectiveness of religious education to be ‘excellent’. The report states that: ‘The vision that every pupil should flourish and fulfil their potential is deeply embedded in St. Botolph’s culture. The result is a very welcoming and inclusive school community where pupils’ individual needs are carefully considered. Loving, pastoral care, rooted in the school’s vision, contributes to a very powerful sense of community in which all are valued’.
As Head of School, you will lead from the front working with colleagues, the Local Governing Board and the Trust to drive continued improvements and ensure the school is progressing on its journey to becoming truly exceptional. You will have the leadership qualities to inspire and encourage staff and pupils to achieve their very best.
The successful candidate will:
• Have a commitment to supporting the ethos and philosophy of a Christian school in the tradition of the Church of England
• Have current senior leadership experience
• Be an outstanding and enthusiastic classroom practitioner with a proven track record of raising standards
• Be an excellent leader with a passion and commitment to improving the life chances of our children
• Have the ability to drive forward developments in our curriculum
• Have a strong commitment to well-being and mental health for pupils and staff
• Have a track record of developing effective partnerships with staff, governors, parents, and the wider community
In return, we can offer you the opportunity to:
• Lead a team of skilled and highly committed staff
• Work with amazing pupils and supportive families
• Further develop the school vision and strategy alongside an Executive Headteacher, a supportive Local Governing Board and Trust who are committed to your continued professional development
• Work as part of a dynamic group of schools across Enhance Academy Trust
St. Botolph’s CE Academy has an absolute commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced criminal record check via the DBS. The Trust values the diversity of our workforce and welcomes applications from all.
For further information about the role, an Application Form and to arrange a visit, please contact Mark Randall, CEO of Enhance Academy Trust firstname.lastname@example.org. Completed applications should be returned to the same address by Monday 24th January at noon.
This job post has expired.