- Leadership Scale - L20-L24 -£67,364 to £74,295
Head of School job summary
The Arthur Terry Learning Partnership is a highly successful Multi Academy Trust (MAT) encompassing six secondary schools, 13 primary schools, a Teaching School Hub, and School Centred Initial Teacher Training provider. Our schools are based in North Birmingham, Tamworth, Lichfield, North Warwickshire and Coventry.
Head of School
Full Time, Permanent
Required for September 2022
We are delighted to announce that due to the growth of our Trust, we are seeking to appoint a Head of School for The Coleshill School. This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious and outstanding practitioner to work collaboratively with the Headteacher and senior leadership team to support strategically in the leadership and management of the school.
The Coleshill School is an 11-19 Business and Enterprise Academy of over 1200 students, including approximately 180 students in the Sixth Form, which has grown rapidly in recent years. Coleshill is an ethically inclusive school and we are proud of our comprehensive values. We serve a wide ranging local community and have high expectations for all. Ofsted inspected us in March 2020 and confirmed that we continue to offer a good standard of education in all areas. Please read the full report on our website to see the full range of strengths across our ‘united learning community’ A good road network provides easy accessibility from all parts of the West Midlands. The school has increased in size by over 350 students in the last few years and will continue to grow to approximately 1300, to meet local need. There have been extensive developments to the school facilities, with a state of the art Leisure Centre, co-owned with North Warwickshire and a new £3.4 million teaching block.
Salary: Leadership Scale - L20-L24 -£67,364 to £74,295
Location: The role will be based at The Coleshill School, Coventry Road, Coleshill, B46 3EX
Start Date: 1 September 2022
What you will need to succeed
• To share our passion for wanting the very best for our students and schools
• Be committed to keeping our students safe
• To be a talented senior leader looking to extend your experience
• Be highly motivated and passionate about making a difference to the lives of young people with the natural ability to inspire and motivate both students and peers
• Be an outstanding teacher and leader
• Be emotionally intelligent with the ability to build strong working relationships with a variety of stakeholders
• Excellent people manager who is able to motivate and develop the teams you lead
• The ability to work in a fast paced, challenging yet always rewarding role
What you will get in return
• Professional development is key to our ongoing success, so we invest in your development through training, mentoring and progression opportunities across our schools and Teaching School Hub, including the opportunity to complete NPQH.
• The opportunity to join our team of leading education experts and propel your career to the next level
• A competitive salary
• Competitive pension scheme (Teachers’ Pension Scheme)
• Three Professional Development Days
What you need to do now
For an application pack please visit our website: https://atlp.org.uk/vacancies/
To arrange an informal chat about the role, please contact Yvonne Holder, Headteachers PA, email@example.com or 01675 432035
Completed applications should include an application form and a letter of application no more than 2 sides of A4 stating ‘how your experience to date supports you to be Head of School using the person specification contained in the application pack as a framework.
Completed applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note we do not accept CV’s; applications will only be considered if received on an ATLP application form.
Closing date: Monday 23rd May 2022 at 9.00am
Interviews will take place on Thursday 26th or Friday 27th May 2022
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (2013 and 2020). This means that certain convictions and cautions are considered ‘protected’ and do not need to be disclosed to employers, and if they are disclosed, employers cannot take them into account. Guidance about whether a conviction or caution should be disclosed can be found on the Ministry of Justice website:
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent English is an essential requirement of the role.
The Arthur Terry Learning Partnership (ATLP) is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject pre-employment checks, including enhanced DBS, prohibition check, qualifications (where applicable), medical fitness, identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references which will be sought prior to interview. The ATLP is an equal opportunities employer.
Please find a link to our safeguarding policy which we would encourage you to read prior to applying to work in our organisation ATLP-Safeguarding-and-Child-Protection-Sept-2021-FINAL.pdf
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.