Head of Science
Cape Cornwall School, Penzance, Cornwall
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Lead Practitioners range 1 to Lead Practitioners range 5, £41,065 to £45,319|
Cape Cornwall School is looking to appoint an enthusiastic and committed teacher and leader to join their Science Faculty.
Applications are invited from candidates who have the skills and experiences to join our motivated and dedicated team to further success, ensuring high achievement, progress for all and outstanding teaching and learning.
Essential educational requirements
Qualified Teacher Status.
Essential skills and experience
• Experience of raising attainment and improving progress.
• Experience of leading or contributing to a highly effective team within a complex school environment.
• Experience of leading, coaching and developing staff and securing accountability.
• Experience of delivering consistently outstanding lessons to students at all key stages.
• Experience of implementing effective behaviour management strategies consistently and in supporting others to do so, to achieve high levels of engagement and excellent behaviour.
• Experience of supporting students of all ages and abilities to make excellent progress and achieve impressive examination outcomes.
• Experience of having contributed to the design, implementation and evaluation of imaginative and inspiring Schemes of Learning.
• Experience of leading successful enrichment and extracurricular activities which inspire and motivate learners.
See Head of Science Person Specification on school website for further information.More on how to apply
|School size||272 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 16|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||Cape Cornwall School website (opens in a new window)|
Cape Cornwall Street, Penzance, Cornwall, TR19 7JX