At Sheffield Park Academy, we pride ourselves on a team of staff who are supportive, friendly and dedicated to providing the very best teaching and learning for our students. Staff across the academy set a culture of high expectations and continuous improvement for students which, in turn, is reflected in the emphasis we place on continuing professional development (CPD) for our staff.
The academy has over 1,150 pupils and is situated in purpose-built £30million premises, benefiting from excellent, state-of-the-art facilities and situated within ten minutes of major transport links in the city.
This is an exciting opportunity to lead our Science department on the next stage of our journey. We are a flourishing 11-18 school and are OFSTED rated ' Good' but we want to become Outstanding and we need an ambitious, determined and driven individual to help play a key role in this. Our school has motivated, ambitious students with a high percentage of our students going on to attend Rusell group universities and the post comes with the opportunity to teach A-level. This post would suit someone who has the highest of expectations for student achievement and, with time, is aiming to progress to senior leadership. We will consider applications from a range of experience- minimum 2 years teaching- more important for us is your focus, impact and ability to motivate students and staff towards the highest of standards.
This is a full time, permanent role due to start in January 2023. Applicants are welcome to speak to the Principal, in confidence.
What we can offer you:
- An academy making rapid, sustained improvement.
- Excellent facilities and resources.
- Access to an outstanding professional development programme including in-house MA.
- A chance to become part of one of the largest groups of academies in the country.
- Caring, dedicated and friendly students who want to learn and fulfil their potential.
- Colleagues who are supportive, friendly and who are committed to each other’s professional development.
- Opportunities to be creative and to inspire your students.
In return, we are looking for:
- An ‘outstanding’ teacher with strong leadership qualities who can evidence significant progress and attainment from their students over a protracted period of time.
- Someone who shares our moral purpose of ensuring that all of our young people receive the best education possible in a supportive environment from people who care about them.
- Someone who is resilient, dynamic and passionate about improving the life chances of all children in our community.
If you possess these qualities and share the academy’s vision, then we will be delighted to hear from you. Please see the Job Description and Person Specification for further information.
- To apply, please click the ‘APPLY’ button at the top of this page.
- Closing date: Monday 3rd October 2022 (applications must be received no later than 9am)
- Interviews: To take place soon after the closing date
- Sheffield Park Academy is committed to safeguarding the welfare of its students and the successful appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
- Applicants are encouraged to visit the Academy before applying, to organise a visit please email email@example.com
United Learning is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employees will, in accordance with statutory guidance, be subject to a comprehensive checking process including references from current and previous employers, health, right to work in the UK, an Enhanced DBS check and a further check against the appropriate barred list.
This job post has expired.